Chapter 3: Apologies

It was already midafternoon when they returned back to Tsukasa's place. The girl was carrying with her the flowers she picked with Gen as they separated ways on the entrance. Thinking about how she just harshly walked away from Tsukasa that morning, feeling bad for what she did, she decided to visit him from his current 'throne room' where he sat quietly in the dark. The cave surrounded by light that lit up from the torches.

"Tsu?" she called out softly upon reaching the entrance. She held tight on the flowers in her hand as she walked in, nervously gulping when she found him sitting there with such solemn appearance. "Hey, Tsu. About earlier... I wanted to apologize about it..." she hesitantly moved her feet closer until she was in the middle of the room.

There was a man beside him, standing like a guard keeping watch. While the brunette, on the other hand, sighed. "Seeing you back safe is enough, Y/n..." he softly replied to her.

Oh, that low shoulder of his' even risen the conscience in her chest. The man was so nice that she can't believe she was so mad at him that morning. "I mean... I'm really sorry about that. I didn't mean to be really harsh and stubborn." She went closer to him. Her genuine guilt was making his heart melt. She was so endearing, with such bright e/c convincing eyes that made it hard to say no to her. She leaned forward close enough to peeked on his face, her h/c locks falling from her shoulder. "Tsu..."

Tsukasa finally smiled, defeated and already forgiven the girl to make such a convincing entrance which swept his anger away just like that. "Y/n. I've told you, it's fine." He pulled her carefully, making her sit by his lap while she looked at him surprised, unable to do anything while she was securing her flowers in hand not to fall.

"Tsu, you..." her face flushed red. Even her ears felt the heat while her chest started pumping rapidly. "Put me down, it's embarrassing." She whispered shyly, looking at the flowers to distract herself from this scenario she tucked herself in.

He didn't comply with her words, caressing her soft locks instead. He smiled when she stopped being agitated from his lap, getting over the little embarrassment quickly while he continued on playing the tips of her hair in his hand. "Why are you holding these flowers for?" he asked, picking one of the nightshade in his free hand.

"hygiene purposes. Since there's no way I could dive for the ingredients I need for soap. I think Gen's flower smells fine too..." she added, sniffing the flower for a second time.

"I could get another flower for you. Wild roses, maybe?" Tsukasa suggested. "You smell better in them." He already imagined her smelling like roses one time, picturing her cloaked in a light shade of silk dressed to caress her smooth skin.

She laughed, a laugh that tingled through his ears sending shivers down his spine. "It's just a little smell, I don't want to trouble you with my hygiene issues. And I do find Gen's flowers a bit nice."

"It's not bothersome. I'll show it to you tomorrow so you can get more if you want. And if you'd end up smelling like these flowers, I may confuse you with Gen."

She pursed her lips to avoid a giggle, already forgetting the fact that she was in Tsukasa's arms. She may not be as comfortable with him as with Gen, but it was also an advantage that they were friends for three years to make her feel familiar with him that she knew he wouldn't do anything that may disrespect her. "Oh." She stared at the flowers again. "You're not going to keep me now in the cave would you?" she asked.

"I won't. as long as you won't stray far."

"Yes, dad." She teasingly replied.

Tsukasa frowned from her tease, he leaned down to dig his forehead to her shoulder sending a tickling feeling in her neck. "Haven't I told you that you're my queen?" he asked.

"I didn't say yes to it. Don't get too confident with the skinship." She complained, blushing hardly again to his sudden action. Just when she thought he wouldn't do something awkward... "Put me down now, I still have to do something."

"What is it?"

"Formula. Math. Relevant." She emphasized.

"No."

"Tsu."

"Hm?"

"You—"

"Stay."

"No."

"Yes."

The girl grunted, wriggling childishly. "Shishio Tsukasa. Put the poor lady down. Now." she complained with a 'do it or else' tone in her voice. She doesn't normally say his full name back then as well, but when she does, she's about to nag like a book of problem solving kind of case—meaning he wouldn't understand shit and at the same time, his head will hurt because he had to listen.

However, it's been thousands of years that he was not able to hear her voice. That for some reason, it made him glad she is going to do so. "Sit still and rest." He replied.

"I'm not tired." Her feet moved in struggle. "You're one who's tired of sitting. Now put me down and get your head off my shoulder, it tickles."

He didn't comply again, boldly kissing her neck instead. He felt her stiffed and gasped surprised from his action. "You're being stubborn." He said.

"Y-you! Seriously! Don't do that, you're making me really, really, really uncomfortable! Just because you confessed doesn't mean you're going to act like that in an instant. Other girls won't like it, and you're seriously giving yourself minus points." She started to scold him from both shock and the churning feeling she couldn't repress from her stomach. "You should realize that I haven't really given you an answer, which does not validate any level to this point that you could just put yourself into such distance. Be patient with it, will you? Or else, I'll seriously punch you ten times more painful in the stomach after I put these flowers down!"

Tsukasa really missed that. He smiled at her panicked expression, but he did listen to her plea which he decided to respect. Finally putting her down on the ground carefully as she stood. "I'm sorry, Y/n. I was only teasing you." He said, satisfied to find her red blushing mess of cheeks that he finds adorable.

The girl blew her cheeks with a grunting frown. "Tsu, don't you dare do that again! Dummy!" she said, turning around to run off his cave. 

He watched her run off towards the entrance, finding her disappearing back almost unbearable to see. He wanted to follow and grab her back to him into a tight embrace.

But of course, for her, he won't do such a thing. He respects her being his queen despite her love for science. But just how long could he keep that distance?