Chapter 6: Runaway

Chapter 6: Runaway

She waited a week for the lion's recovery. For the preliminary days she was taking care of it, she tried her very best to avoid Tsukasa, as not knowing what to tell him when she was upset about what he did to Senku. Of course, she was feeling guilty just seeing him trying to strike up a conversation but either she would run towards Gen or to Taiju and Yuzuriha. When alone with him in the cave, she would pretend her sleep while listening to him apologize. Other citizen of the Tsukasa empire also tried to talk to her trying to ask her to make peace with the leader immediately to let his brighter side return, however, no strike of luck.

The lion was tame as she had expected it to be. Following her around like a lost pup while she wandered the forest. 

Just like any other day. Walking with Gen into the woods just for the sake of running away from her brunette friend lead them to a close by river.

It was a little quiet, seeing how the two could not make a proper conversation when things would just come back around the mentalist-magician trying to convince her to forgive.

And another hour passed of walk, leading for Gen to finally stop on track. The girl stopped as well, looking at him who was now on a frown. "Are you really that eager not to see him?" He asked.

She didn't answer.

"If so, then go to that village I mentioned to you about."

This suggestion surprised her. She  was actually wondering how he would tell her such a thing without hesitation. "Why?" She asked instead. By doing this, she knew Tsukasa wouldn't just let him off the hook once he finds out that the guy helped her run off.

"Well, because I'm a traitor." He grinned and she was more than shocked for the second time. Just what is going on around her circle of friends?! One was murdered, another one committed the murder, and the other admitted treason. Seeing how confused she was, the mentalist went on. "Y/n-chan. Trust me. Go to that village and find the sorcerer, I'm sure he'll be able to help you." He explained.

Well that was one way of putting that she should run away. She needs time to think about what Tsukasa did, she needs to understand what's going on and finally, she needs to accept reality now. Reality that the world no longer was the way it is. She considered a lot when she was in her petrified body. Worried of what she will face once she open her eyes in the infinite darkness. And now, Maybe this suggestion is an opportunity.

"Okay then. Gen, help me relay a message to Tsukasa." She sadly smiled.

The mentalist nodded. "I'll do what I can, y/n-chan." He replied.

"I know you can. You're pretty good at this dramatic acts, actually."

He chuckled. "Nice choice of words when you can just straight up call me a good liar."

She shook her head amused. "Of course not, Gen. You call that a gift for acting and mind manipulation." She explained, raising one finger up to prove her point. Gen merely chuckled as she continued. "Tell him I set off to find my parents. I needed some time for myself as well to think clearer. Tell him not to worry since Lee is with me. At least for once, Tsukasa would actually treat me an independent person." She said.

"Oh? We both know Tsukasa well. He's not the type who'd let you go like that. If I tell him that, he'd actually ran after you."

"Then... tell him I'd hate him if he follow me."

"Now would he stay still like that?"

"I know he won't. It's stupid of me to think that." She sighed. "Just tell him I'm seriously in need of time and space. I really can't face him right now. Especially when it is a serious matter that we're talking about. I just can't accept him like this while I'm all this confused of this new world."

"Sure, sure." He picked up a fallen bark on the ground pointing to a certain direction. "Just follow that direction, you'll see a village covered in lake. You'll reach it in about a few hours or probably a day depending on your little speed. If the guards stopped you from the entrance, just tell them that you're looking for the sorcerer and that I sent you the location. Be sure to cover yourself, we can't afford them to see your pretty face until the sorcerer appears alright." He winked at his after explanations. "If you're having a hard time, my flowers will guide you." As if on cue, white petals fell like a confetti in the air. 

Gen was a little bit relieved knowing Y/n is going to leave that man's side. Feeling the sense of pride he has after earning someone who couldn't side with Tsukasa... and good enough, it's someone he can't afford to harm. A good shield for the kingdom of science.

"Thank you, Gen-chan. I don't really want to leave Tsu. I can't hate him either. But I can't accept the fact that he resulted to murder... as his friend, I know I shouldn't leave him like this... but, I need more time to fully accept this thing that he's done."

"You really cherish this Senku-chan, don't you?" Gen sighed. "I mean, if you probably have no attachment to the person he killed, it wouldn't take long before you forget this issue, right?"

"No. It wouldn't make a difference. The person he killed was innocent." The girl sighed. "Well, I guess I shouldn't waste more time. I better get going now Gen-chan. Thank you for everything."

"Hey now, Y/n-chan. Don't speak like we're never seeing each other again. I'll come follow shortly after!"

She smiled, hugged him shortly before separating again. "Yeah, sure." She covered her head with the hood extended to her cloak. Waving as she started walking towards the direction the young male directed. The giant feline followed there after, tailing behind the girl loyally.

The trail to which Gen had pointed to was slightly altered. Maybe the mentalist knew that she's going to have a little problem which is why he left some traces of his stage flowers under some trees. She smiled in appreciation, turning to her side where the lion paced, petting it before she continued to make her way towards the said village.

Now she wondered what kind of people those were. At first, it made her doubt to even visit it since it was the place her friend nearly died of beating. She could still actually see bruises in his face that it pains her to not be able to do anything about it.

She shook her head to avoid further distractions. She needed time. She needed to leave and explore the things she's not familiar with.

This way at least the disappointment would lessen and she'll be able to be aware.

.

.

.

Gen smiled as he watched the empty air where Y/n left.

"Well, take that as a welcoming gift for being reborn, N/n-chan~" he looked at the stick he was holding. It was wide and heavy just like a baseball bat. But for the sake of his stage set, sacrifices are crucial.

He shut his eyes closed and prepared the weapon in hand. To deceive someone, you needed to be convincing enough that you were victimized yourself in order to escape the blame you're about to get.

Guess he picked out the right job for being a mentalist. Because if he didn't, escaping out of Tsukasa's radar would be difficult.

"For the sake of cola." He told himself and hit himself on the head as blurring darkness came to follow as the man collapsed on the ground with a bump on his head...