07

"Y/N-Dono? What're you doing here?" The human female exclaimed noticing the spirit's presence, "Wahh? You make it sound like I'm a displeasure!" Y/N whined, tucking her hands behind her back as a smirk played among her features, the blonde boy gazed at the two females that winded up an obvious tension, cutting into the conversation, "Y/N-Dono? as in the rumor?"

Y/N nodded, her smirk turning into a bright grin as she used a hand to scratch the back of her head, "The one and only glorious mystery rumor!" She perked up stretching her hands out.
Kou chuckled, still cautious about her while Yashiro stared her down, "Where's Hanako?" She inquired, shifting in her spot a bit, "Why'd you ask?" The female spirit tilted her head to the side, genuinely curious about why when she was the reason why he's basically traumatized again.
"Oh nothing! He's totally not my type! Why would you asked something like that? I don't like him!" She panicked, placing both her hands on her cheeks trying to down her fluster "I didn't ask that— Anyways! Who are you?"
The spirit now directed her attention towards Kou, "I'm Kou! Minamoto Kou!" he chirped pointing at himself with his thumb.

The duo of humans was rather entertaining compared to everyone else Y/N had spent time with.
Y/N found herself intrigued by their conversations, failing to realize Yashiro was staring at her a bit too often.
"Show me that hand trick again, Minamoto-Kun!" The spirit chirped as she saw Kou 'remove' his thumb, her eyes beaming at the action, "It's nothing really—" Kou sheepishly added, "But it's human magic! I can't remember much from when I was alive" Y/N smiled, trying to mimick the boy's movement while Yashiro was deep in thought

"Senpai, are you okay?" Her junior asked, while the spirit only gave her side glances every so often. Yashiro jumped a bit as she came out of her box of thoughts, "Of course I am, why wouldn't I be? I'm okay!" She blurted out without thinking out what she's saying, "Yashiro-NeeSama, are you one of those people who says everything when they're panicked?" Yes she is.

"No! Of course not!! I have no idea what you're talking about" She pouted a bit before looking away, using her hands to fan out any embarrassment, "Is that what you call lying, Minamoto?" Y/N teased, placing her hand on her lips as she smirked.

---

The day went on and the spirit boy had yet to make an appearance before the trio, has anyone heard about him? Is he still— existing?
Those are questions Yashiro was running through her head as she gazed into the bathroom stall Hanako usually finds himself in, "Yashiro-Neesama!!" A female spirit waved from her share of the bathroom once she noticed the human, "Y/N-Dono? What're you doing here?" The human asked, only now realizing the spirit may know more than she shows.

"I live here, where else would I be?" The spirit tilted her head to the side before flashing her another smile, "I'm sorry, but it seems like Hanako-Kun won't be here today" The spirit waved her off, her smile didn't waver, it was a subtle message but you couldn't miss it, she was threatening Yashiro to leave.

Yashiro brushed it off, smiling back at her before deciding to speak up, "Maybe I'll wait here for a bit, I have something I want to talk about with him"

"Are you here to pester him about his past?" The female spirit threatened, her eyes now burning holes into Yashiro's scalp as the natural glimmer in her eyes suddenly became apparent.
Yashiro took a step back, flustered by the exchange of words, "Ah I see! Then it's more than welcome you leave" The female spirit continued, her smile turning into a smirk as she approached Yashiro with an intimidating aura.

Please play it smart Yashiro—

"Then I'll come back tomorrow! Thanks for letting me know" The human waved goodbye before rushing out the door, leaving a heavy tension in the room.

You could hear her footsteps growing distant as the female spirit kept a smile on her features before turning to look at the stalls, "You didn't have to over do it, Y/N-Chan" Hanako chuckled, coming out from his hiding space, "I was only protecting you" The spirit stuck her tongue out playfully, "Its not like everything I said is a lie though" she added, sitting down on the window sledge overlooking the plants from the gardening club.

"I know, I realize that"
Hanako took a seat beside the female, not much distance between the two as they looked out the window, "This spot is amazing, don't you think?" Y/N attempted to light up the mood as she brought her knees to her chest, Hanako nodding along as the both of them drifted to sleep

---
Aye!! I'm so sorry for such a short chapter, this is me trying to show Yashiro's and Y/N's friendship / rivalry and finally having the reader spend some wholesome time with Hanako.

Awful I know, I'll make it up to you next chapter.
By the way, 700 Reads!! That's crazy !! This book is growing so fast!! Thank you all so much!! I appreciate all of you !!!