☁️ Author's Note

꧁ Hello, hello! ꧂

It's nice that you have stumbled upon this humble book of mine.

⊱⋅ ──────❴ • ☁️ • ❵────── ⋅⊰

Welcome to my Sou x Reader fanfiction!

༺✺༻

I hope you wouldn't mind answering my first question. Consider this as the start of our interaction throughout this book, thank you!

Your favourite original Sou song is...?

Now, the introduction is necessary. Here are some basic information about Sou and utaites.

⊱⋅ ──────❴ • ☁️ • ❵────── ⋅⊰

UTAITE

Utaite (歌い手) is a Japanese term for people who cover previously released songs and post them on Nico Nico Douga and YouTube under the utattemita category. The term "utaite" is unique to Nico Nico Douga singers, making it different from Kashu (歌手), which means "singer" in general.

Generally, utaites do cover songs for VOCALOID original songs, anime, game-related songs, and J-Pop. They also do parodies with different lyrics for popular songs, intended for amusement.

Most utaite exclusively cover songs and upload under the utattemita section, but some of them have doujin circles and release original music/drama CDs during events like Comic Market and VOCALOID M@ster, frequently referred to as Comiket and VoMas respectively. A few utaite also have become partly or wholly professional singers and have released/will release their albums under official labels.

( Source: Utaite Fandom Wiki https://utaite.fandom.com/wiki/Utaite )

༺✺༻

(Art by: @aruseee[Twitter])

『 SOU』

Birthday: August 19, 1998

Sou is a younger generation utaite, who began uploading songs in 2013. He has a calm and refreshing voice that he can utilize to fit the songs that he sings. Usually, Sou will sing in an expressive and emotional tone to set the mood of a song, such as in his "Kokoronashi" cover, in which he sang in a rather sentimental and lonely tone. As such, Sou often has 'Refreshingly' or other adjectives describing his singing at the beginning of his video titles to emphasize his takes.

Although he covers many songs that fit his voice type, he occasionally covers songs such as "Ikkitousen," which has a more dance element to it, unusual for his voice type. The genres of songs he covers have also expanded over the years. Recently, he has also started to write his own original songs, such as "Noid" and "Gusha no Parade". With that, Sou has increasingly begun to expand his musical interests not just by singing, but by making music as well.

By making multiple songs and singing various covers, Sou has found more collaborative opportunities with other utaite, such as Eve and Isubokuro. He is close friends with Eve and Isubokuro and they often collaborate together, forming units named "Soborogohan" (そぼろごはん) and "EveSou"(いぶそう).

Growing larger in popularity, Sou has participated in multiple live concerts. A notable example being that Sou performed at the 2019 HikiFes live concert, singing the theme song "World Domination" and other songs as well.

As of August 2021, Sou's most viewed video is "Hare Hare Ya", with over 60 million views. The song itself is a slow, traditional-styled beat. Sou's version of the song matched the music well, leading the cover to become a huge success.

On 31 May 2021, Sou made his Virtual YouTuber debut by debuting his 3D model in a non-archived stream. He now has a second channel for livestreams too.

『 TRIVIA 』

• He enjoys games as he often uploads game screencaps and game-related pictures on his Twitter.
• He seems to look up to Mafumafu, as seen in some of his tweets.
• He really likes blobfish and often uses pictures of them as backgrounds for Twitcasts.
• He is around 167-168cm (5'6") tall.
• He is scared of Rollercoasters.
• He brings homemade lunch to school.
• He likes winter because he dislikes being hot.
• He hates corn.
• He is good with Math and bad in English.
• He likes beef.
• His blood type is O and he is often bitten by mosquitoes.
• Sou has a cat.
• He likes candy and ramen.
• He is from Tokyo.
• He likes BUMP OF CHICKEN, ONE OK ROCK, YUI, Sekai no Owari, DOES, and Pornograffiti.
• He likes cheesecake.
• Sou wants to live until he is 103 years old.
• Sou often calls Kain "onii-chan" (big brother).
• He said if he was a girl, he would have fallen for Mafumafu.
• He became close friends with Eve after both of them covered "Andromeda Andromeda" together.
• His parents are from Kyushu. 

( Source: Utaite Fandom Wiki https://utaite.fandom.com/wiki/Sou )

⊱⋅ ──────❴ • ☁️ • ❵────── ⋅⊰

Feel free to ask more questions about Sou. Either in DM or the comments section, it's alright. I'll do my very best to answer them all! Although my knowledge about the said utaite is also limited, I'll answer it as long as I can.

Well, that's all for now, everyone! I hope you'll enjoy your stay.

Don't be afraid to share your thoughts by commenting. Your words keep me fired up and write some more! But please watch your words.

Votes, comments, add to reading lists, and follows are really, really, really appreciated! I can't thank you enough for I'm not really good with words, but I thank all of you from the bottom of my heart!

DEDICATION: This fanfiction is dedicated not only to all Sou stans but to everyone who enjoys listening to his music and nonetheless, inspired you in some ways.

DISCLAIMER: This is a work of fiction. I do not own anything in this story aside from the plot itself. The pictures that I used and will use for the future chapters are not mine also. Credits must go to their original and talented owners.

K A I

꧁ 11/12/2021 ꧂