CHAPTER TWENTY

-AMIKO'S POV-

Me and Nia we're walking around the grocery store looking for something to cook. I decided on making Shrimp Alfredo with some garlic bread.

I also bought some things for Benji's house because he literally has nothing in his cabinets. All he has is junk food and if they eat real food, it's takeout.

It's been a few weeks since my grandma's death and I'm hanging in there well. With Benji and Nia making me smile, it helps keep my mind off it.

I walked over to Nia as she was looking at a bag of Chex Mix.

"Fat ass. Grab this one." I said and she laughed as she grabbed the cheese one.

She threw them in her buggy and I walked from aisle to aisle grabbing things. For the past few weeks, I've been looking for a job but Benji feels as if he's supposed to take care of me.

I've been staying with him and his brothers and sisters and it's been fun. Jayla is still being Jayla and we don't talk.

Benji feels as if he's supposed to give me stacks of money everyday and I push it away but today I didn't because I wanted to get grocery's for his house.

Not paying attention, I bumped into some one. Once I recognized whom I bumped into, my heart jumped out my chest as I ran to Tae.

"Tae! What are you doing here?!" I asked excitedly

"Tae! What are you doing here?!" I asked excitedly. He laughed as he squeezed me tight. Nia came over and jumped on him like a big ass baby.

"I live down here now. I'm done with hair school so I came back home." He said and i nodded.

I met Tae when when I was in the 5th grade. Same year I met Nia. We were all best friends up until 10th grade when Tae moved away to Texas. His mom was getting married to this man so he left.

After about a year, we lost contact. I'm so happy that I'm seeing him right now.

"Nia what you been up to?" He asked and she shrugged. Nia has been with Brandon a lot lately and they cute together.

"Oh. Miko hows your Nana? Ian seen her in a long time." Tae smiled and my face grew soft. As bad as I wanted to cry, I knew I couldn't. I looked at Nia and her face saddened.

"We lost her a few weeks ago." I spoke and Tae poked his lip out as he hugged me and Nia.

"Oh I'm so sorry Miko. Damn." He spoke and i nodded. We walked around Walmart just catching up when Tae decided to talk about my head.

"Bitch that looks like a bird nest. Imma take care of that." He said and I laughed.

"Bitch." Nia mumbled and Tae laughed.

"I'll take care of that too." He said and Nia smiled as we walked to the check out line. We put our things up and I pulled out a wad of cash that Benji gave me. Now I know I took it but I told him this was to much but it was Benji I was talking too. He don't listen what's so ever. He was getting it back.

Once I was done, it was Nia's turn than Tae's. We walked outside with our buggy's before we stopped.

"Here, take my number and I'll send you my address." He said and I nodded as I took out my phone. I gave it to Tae and he handed me his. I punched my number in and it went in rotation.

"Bye Tae!" I squealed happily as I embraced him in a hug.

"You still that sweet girl." He spoke and i smiled as I walked to Benji's truck. I had to beg him to let me drive because he never lets me drive his cars.

-BENJI'S POV-

"Justin! Stop fucking playing with me! My guys on my streets said that you been working with Rosco! And if you are why you on my side of town? He got you over here to lurk?" I asked and Justin shook his head as he spit out the blood.

"Man I stopped working for Rosco! I wanted in over here!" Justin said as he winced in pain.

"You must think I'm stupid. And if you do, I'm not. I know Rosco. That's my uncle. I'm not fucking dumb!" My voice boomed around the warehouse.

"Either you tell me what I wanna know or get a bullet between your eyes." I spoke and he sighed. He got quiet and that did nothing but upset me and my tolerance. I cocked my gun back and he screamed for me to hold.

"Justin you fucking playin!" I shouted and he let out a breath.

"He back. He back in town and he coming for anybody close to you. He not playing man. Yo brother should've took that offer." He said.

"Okay what about the hard drive. Who dropped that off?" I questioned and he shrugged.

"That ain't us bro." Justin said and I shook my head.

"Okay tell me where Rosco trap and crib at." I said and he looked at me as if I was stupid.

"SPEAK!" I yelled.

This was a side nobody really seen of me but the warehouse. I had this attitude in here but once I stepped out, I was back myself. I had a bad temper when it came to me wanting to know things. Especially if it's important information that I can keep locked in my head.

"Man I can't tell you that." He said and my jaw clenched.

"I'm done with yo ass. You wasting my time. Ya baby moms at home?" I asked and his eyes grew wide with fear.

"Man don't hurt her or my kid." He pleaded and I shook my head.

"Nah." I said.

"Ight man. His trap is deep in the country. It's in Mango Fields. Take that dirt ride and boom you there. Now his crib, 2431 Victory Ave." he said out a breath and I shot him in the head.

"Tell the clean up crew come get this nigga." I said as I sat the gun down on the table and walked out the warehouse. As soon as I got in the car, my phone started ringing.

Looking at the name, it read AmikoG💛. Answering the FaceTime call, I heard her yelling at Kairo and Pierre. From the looks of it, she was cooking.

"Wassup mamas?" I asked and she frowned but not with attitude, with concern.

"You okay?" She asked and i chuckled and she smiled.

"Yeah I'm good." I said and she nodded.

"I was calling because I wanted to know if you could drop me off at my friend Tae's house." She spoke and i raised a brow as I pulled off.

"Hell no. Who the fuck is Tae?" I asked and she laughed.

"My friend. He's doing my hair. AND he's gay." She said and I did a sigh of relief, wiping imaginary sweat away and she smacked her lips and I chuckled.

"What you cooking?" I asked.

"Shrimp Alfredo and some garlic bread." She spoke and my stomach instantly growled.

"Ight I'm on my way." I said and she nodded. I hung up and sat my phone in the cup holder.