Nine

christina.
i know you probably
don't wanna hear from me
and that's totally understandable,
i just wanted to wish you a happy
new year's eve and i hope 2020
brings you nothing but happiness :)

callie paced around her room, biting the tip of her nail. too much. too fast. there were emotions and memory's coming back, and even if she said it was time to get over it, to move on, she didn't mean all at once. it was extremely overwhelming and she could barley breathe.

"hey i gotta tell you- what's wrong?" johnathan carson walked into her room, eyebrows furrowing and worry increasing. callie stopped, looking at her boyfriend made things ten times worse and she didn't know that was possible.

she opened her mouth but nothing came out, tears threatening to spill. the boy wrapped the smaller girl in a comforting hug and was willing to stay there for as long as she needed.

she wanted to move on- she needed to move on. she always swore she'd never be that girl. that girl who still cry's over an ex and can't be civil with an old best friend. it was a weight that continuously weighed on her chest, and suddenly it was too hard to breathe.

"i just- i cant do, that right now. okay, it's too much too fast and i feel like i'm on a train going a thousand miles per hour and all i want to do is get off." callie sobbed as carson rubbed her back and ran fingers through her hair.

after a while, callie had finally calmed down, at least enough to stop crying and control her breathing.

"carson, i don't know if i can do- this right now. i'm genuinely not in the right place and i'm so so sorry you deserve so much better and-" "callie! slow down, it's okay. i know, and i will forever be happy to be your best friend again." he smiled and she started crying again.

"why're you so hard to break up with? you're so sweet and kind and all i wanna do is kiss you but i won't because i know it'll just make things worse so i-"

"callie, you're rambling." he let out a laugh and she glared at him. "thank you. it's just, with a lot of things from my past coming back, i need to calm down and just be myself for a while." she smiled sadly at him and he nodded.

"it's okay, because i wanted to tell you, i'm gay."

authors note !

ok a lil emotional one from our girl callie:( she deserves better smh. but am i gonna give her that? we'll see probably not tho. anywho my j bassett book is up now so if anyone wants to give that a read it'd be appreciated:) anyways, hope y'all are staying safe and healthy