Fourteen

callieblake Jonah's neighborhood hates me ✌🏼😚

callieblake
Jonah's neighborhood hates me ✌🏼😚

Load comments...

"are you sure you're good?" Zach asked again, looking down at Callie who rolled her eyes and nodded. The six of them had just gone out for lunch for the first time since she and Corbyn broke up and she was staying at a hotel in California and was taking an uber home. Even after they had tried to convince her to take her many times.

"yes Zach, I have pepper spray there's no need to worry." Zach bit his lip, glancing at Corbyn who was also taking an uber to go get some new shoes.

"okay, you leave tomorrow right?" he asked and she nodded.

"at least let me drive you to the airport, i'll even buy you coffee." Zach grinned, making Callie grin, but gave in nonetheless. The pair hugged and Zach got into Jacks car and they drove off to their shared apartment.

Callie shifted uncomfortably, glancing at Corbyn who was a few feet away from her. She hadn't known he'd be at the lunch, catching her off guard. She knew they discussed talking when she was in La again, but it was weird.

He looked much different from the last time she saw him. His hair was darker, but still blonde. He had to of grown at least another inch and his face was much more structured. He matured.

But so did she.

She hadn't grown, but her hair was now wavy instead of straight. It was her natural hair, she used to straighten it every day, but grew to love it naturally. She also seemed more confident in herself.

When Corbyn knew her, she'd wear bigger shirts and sweatpants and her hair would hang around her face. Now, she wore sweatpants still, with a white cropped top and her hair was pulled back in a pony tail that highlighted her jawline.

Callie inwardly swore at her uber driver for taking so long. The tension could be cut by a knife.

Eventually, Corbyn grew some balls and hesitantly walked towards Callie who faced him when he opened his mouth. He opened it, then shut it, and repeated. This went on for a while.

Callie chuckled, while she was quite uncomfortable, she found his nervousness comical. She found it funny that she still had this effect on the older boy.

"Hi," he eventually greeted and she smiled at him, nodding. "So I kinda like practiced what I was gonna say but now I'm nervous so uh," He licked his lips.

Callie sighed, canceling her uber, he was taking too long anyways. She nodded her head towards the sidewalk, motioning for him to start walking with him.

Corbyns nerves chilled out just a little as the two of them began walking.

"How are you?" She asked after a while, ripping Corbyn out of his frantic mind. "can't complain I guess, you?"

"Good, really good, actually." Callie grinned, thinking of her friends and mental health. "That's good, I'm happy for you Callie." Corbyn replied genuinely.

"Thanks," she nodded, turning down a different street. "So you're not friends with Logan and Lana anymore?" The boy tried to make conversation. He really didn't know what happened between the group, they used to be inseparable. He knew from her instagram that she was still friends with Amelia, but not the other two.

"Logan and I talk at least once a week, but she moved to Canada for college so it's kinda hard to see her." Callie replied and Corbyn took note that Callie didn't talk about Lana.

"Well I-" "Shut up you know I hate small talk." Corbyns mouth slammed shut.

"You and me? We're good. I've moved on from the situation and I think you should too, if you haven't already. The past is the past. I think I should thank you anyways." Corbyns eyes widened.

"What?"

"You know, you kinda helped me find myself and all that jazz. The pain you put me through, not trying to make you feel guilty or anything- though, you should, anyways it helped me grow as a person and realize other toxic relationships I had. So, thanks." Callie explained and Corbyns heart hurt when she mentioned what he did to her.

"But I wanna explain-" "I don't wanna know, back then I probably would've heard your explanation but now I've put that chapter of my life behind me,"

Corbyn deflated.

"We can still be friends though."

Corbyn didn't wanna be just friends, but he understood that if there was any hope of getting Callie back, he'd have to start from the bottom. It was different from before.

Before they were strangers to friends to lovers, now, Corbyn didn't know where they started. They weren't strangers and they weren't friends, so where did he start?

this is absolute SHIT but it finally happened and now things are gonna kick off so i'm glad this is out of the way cause this took me weeks to write 😫