Chapter Six

Miles

I woke up. It does sound simple but no it isn't. Each morning, I'm a lazy man's load, but today, I was on the edge of my bed. As usual, Scott was playing music, and suddenly I didn't mind.

"Miles?" Scott knocked on the bathroom door, cutting my shower thoughts.

"Yeah?"

"You okay?"

"I'm grand!" I yelled and I guess he left after that.

After a while, I turned the tap off and got out of the bathroom. "Dude, are you okay?" Scott asked as he was leaning against my bedroom door.

"Yeah, what's wrong?" I asked walking past him to my wardrobe.

"You didn't complain or anything about the music?" He pointed out to what I usually do every morning he blast music.

"Optimistic I guess?"

"Optimistic about going to Cuba?!" He raised a brow.

"Not exactly,"

"I'll tell you what is exact; that you like the employee reserving our tickets today." He implied.

"That's not exact because I endured with her only once."

"Blah blah blah. You are into her." He said.

"Can I get dressed?" I closed the door.

"It's not exactly that Miles will let a person let him." He pointed out to Milia and I conversation yesterday as he walked to his room.

Let me state it crystal clear, Scott would literally ship me with a random tree. I'll never start dating unless I stabilize in a job, that's what he doesn't know. He's already burdened with a lot considering me.

I checked my navy-blue polo shirt in the mirror while brushing my hair. "Scott!" I yelled while putting on my shoes.

"For what is this hurry?" He came to the living room.

"For your slow ass?" I got up and opened the apartment door and he followed me down to the garage.

Scott directed me all the way to the agency. "Find a spot and park here." He yelled over the music he played.

"Good afternoon Sir. How can I help you?" The lady at the reception desk asked Scott as he was ahead of me.

"I'm Scott Williams, Milia Jonathan is waiting for us."

"Yes, she's in the second level turn the first right and she's at the end of the corridor."

"Thank you,"

"Hello," Milia got off her desk and shook our hands. Welcoming she is.

"Hey," I smiled and we all sat.

"I never imagined you in a workplace," Scott said.

"It's not really dry as dust as it looks," She said.

"You got the papers?" She asked and I handed her my visa and the file containing my identification.

"Let me see," she took the papers.

"The dates?" She asked.

"Formal question?" I asked her.

"Yes, sir. I need the departure date to see the flights available on these specific dates?"

"Then they are Fifteen may and Twenty, and you can call me Miles."

"Funny." She gave me a face and turned to the computer on her right.