Chapter seventeen

Miles

        I parked hood to hood with her car and got out. I saw her the moment I got in the shop. 

"What makes you so distracted?" She didn't even notice me.

"Hello," She said with a plain face, which was weird.

Whenever I lay my eyes on this lady, her vibes hit me like an alcoholic truck driver hits a deer on a one-way mountain road.

I lowered my neck to see her face because she looked to the ground, and her hair fell to her face.

"You fine?"

"Yeah," She looked up again and faked a smile.

"Let's grab the ice cream?"

We ordered and waited by the counter. After the multi-function cashier guy handed us our cones, I suggested we'd go outside. It was so crowded in here.

           She sat on her hood, and I joined her. She was as silent as a grave yard. I didn't mind it, but I'm used to the feisty Milia.

The air hit her light brown hair, making it brush against my right bicep.

"Miles?" She hopped off the hood, standing on her feet.

"Yes hun," I let the spoon down.

"I have cared about a lot of people, but never cared about their opinion.  I've always imagined that I'll have to find someone who sees the word in my perspective, but you, Miles, you proved me hella wrong. You know how insanely wide my imagination is, but your spirit exceeded it. I need to get to know you more, and it's so draining to search for excuses to see you. I think I'm in love with you." She stood there talking her heart out with so many expressions all over her face.

Milia appreciates words, so I didn't say any because I didn't want to give her a promising response. A small hug was okay. I have a ton of shit load to say, but I need to settle my life before getting attached to her.

I don't know if this is even possible, and that biologists would hate me for it, but holding her that close made me mentally warm.

"You necklace brigand!" She pointed to my collar. Yesterday, I wore her necklace in the fitting room when she dropped it, so it won't get lost in the clothes when I was fitting. I totally forgot about it.

"I'll keep it," I sheepishly smiled. "Do you want another scoop?" I asked her.

"No, I'm good."

"You know the ocean is close from here?"

"Yes!"

"Get in my car," I said and opened the door for her.

      I drove to a street that had an ocean view and parked  horizontal to the ocean. We got out and sat on the hood.

"How was your day already?" She asked.

"Well spent with Elena. She was just too sad that I'm leaving."

"I hope you have this bond forever with her." She scooted closer to me.

"I madly hate it when someone cries." I placed my arm over her shoulder.

"Crying is a normal expression for feelings, you should make anyone embrace it exactly as laughter or frowning. It's not a crime."

"It's not like that. I just think she doesn't deserve it. She deserves to be happier."

"Oh, I get what do you mean. Please never make her feel that it's a shame to cry."

"I guarantee you I never did or will," I said, and we sat in silence.

"You never told me about your name." After a while, she said with a low tone.

"There's something you need to know before we get along," I said. She sat still and didn't look to me despite my intense choice of words.

"I'm hearing," She said in a low tone.

"My parents got divorced four years ago. I was living with Scott in the apartment we were renting since college. Elena was left in the house with them, so they sent her to live with our Uncle. I have never contacted them since then."

"Why haven't you told me sooner?" She said still facing the ocean.

"Because I won't walk around telling that my parents got divorced."

"Anyways, I'm happy you are sharing this with me. As cheesy as it may sound, I'm willing to share every single thing with you whether it's related to me or you." She turned to look at me still holding my hand on her shoulder.

"I'm also sorry if I stressed you with my interrogations previously."

"Don't apologize. I also would love to tell you everything about it because you can soothe my overthinking, but not today." I said, and she smiled.

"Do you want to return?" I asked her.

"As much as I don't want this night to end, but I want to sleep, and you have a plane tomorrow."

"Okay," we got in my car.

I parked in front of the ice-cream shop and turned the engine off.

We walked to her car. She unlocked it with the remote. "Give me your keys."

"What are you doing?" She asked.

"I'm not mentally prepared for a good-bye, so we can spend more time in the ride."

"I couldn't agree more, but your car?"

"I'll bring it later with Scott or something." I pulled the seat back, so I can get in while she got in the passenger.

I looked in the mirror to get out of the parking lot.

"I love this song!" She sang along a song as I drove.

"I always thought it's a problem in the tires, but apparently it's with me. You make the car so smooth."

"Yeah, that a part of swag." I smiled.

"What's the name of the song?"

"Rich love by One Republic." She said.

           We arrived in front of her house driveway, and I parked.

We went out of the car and stood near it. "How are you going to go back?" she asked as we stood near the car.

"I texted Scott, and he's coming."

"Good," She clutched on her sunglasses bags.

"I thought that Elena was going to be the last hard farewell today, but you were added to the list." I spoke my mind out.

"I think I'm lucky that I'm going to have a hard goodbye," She pouted. I handed her the keys.

After minutes, he called saying that he's approaching us.

"I'll miss you," I said with my both hands in my pockets.

"Me too. I hope everything goes as planned there." She half smiled. "Bye Miles," she turned around and walked to her house pathway. 

_________________

Note:

Tell me what do you think in comments below!

Click on the star down there to vote!

Crawling to the climax initials.

Salma:)
______________________________________