Four

WE HIT 1k!!!

Jenna sighed as she looked through her telescope at Mars. Her eyes watered and she sat back, thinking about how the person she loved the most was stuck on Mars.

How was he feeling? Was he as lonely as she was? She almost felt guilty for being lonely. She was on a planet populated by billions of people, how could she possibly be lonely? Her husband was on Mars! He was the only living thing on Mars! Of course he was lonely.

She let out a shaky breath and sat back in her chair. Curtis laid his head on her lap, which made her give him a sad smile.

"At least I have you." She said and scratched behind his ears, watching him close his eyes and stick out his tongue. Pure doggie heaven.

She let out another sigh as she continued to pet him. "Want to go to bed now?" She asked. The dog perked up instantly and ran towards the door, wagging his little nub of a tail the whole way.

Jenna laughed. "I'll take that as a yes."

She slowly got up and walked over to the telescope, starting to pack it away. She hoisted the bag over her shoulder and opened the door, allowing the three legged dog to barrel down the hall and onto the bed.

Before going back inside, Jenna turned back to the little speck in the sky she knew to be Mars and flipped it off.

"Fuck you, Mars."

And with that, she headed back inside and started to get ready for bed. When she finally laid down, the fatigue of the events happening around her and let everything she had been suppressing bubble out through her tears.

Her husband had been left for dead on Mars.

He was alone and scared and so was she.

She cried even harder as she clutched her husbands pillow even closer. She could smell that stupid cheap cologne she had picked up one night she had forgotten their anniversary, and told him it gave him botany super powers when he wore it because a creative shitty present is better than just a shitty present.

And he fucking wore it. That little shit wore that calogne every day just to spite her because he knew she forgot their anniversary. He rubbed it in her face every day just because he could.

And she loved him for it.

It was all the stupid things that they did together that made her fall even more in live with him. It was the way he blew the paper off of his straw and into her face a restaurants and how he never failed to make her smile. He made her so damn happy every time she was with him which made her so damn sad that he was gone.

She slammed her fist on the bed and screamed, startling Curtis into consciousness who had been chasing squirrels in his sleep.

"It's not fair!" She clung the pillow tighter and sobbed into it, pretending that it was the person she longed for most.

——

"You know, I think that cologne actually did give me botany super powers." Mark said onto the camera with a cheeky smile.

"Because I may have blown myself up in the process, and I may be farming in my own shit, but I am also growing potatoes on Mars!" Mark laughed at himself. It was a good thing he found himself so entertaining because Happy Days just isn't cutting it anymore. He found himself laughing at his own jokes so often that he didn't even give a shot he looked like a crazy person.