When we got to the lake, I didn't really thought that evergthing will be the same as it was before. There's still the old-looking fountain that never works, which, I hypothesize, might be too expensive to fix or something.

"Kio. Do you think they'll ever renovate this lake park? Or I'll have my seven grandkids and those random elves will still be standing there?" I shook my head. "This town seriously needs a renovation." Kio just smirked at me mischievously. I know where this will be heading to, though  I let him speak.

"Really? Or is it just because, insert trigger warning here, you remember things or moments that you want to bury deep?"

"Silly." I smilingly sighed. Is it even possible for a person to just get used to something that they don't want to? Take this scenario, for an instance, a woman gets rashes on her nape because of her long but shiny hair. Will she keep it for the sake of aesthetic or chop it off? Of course, comfort conquers everything. Why would I keep on seeing every memory that I had with people who chose not to bear with me in my dark times. I mean, I don't blame them but, come on, if you're true, you'd stay.

"'Kay, Krys. Let's not dive into those kinds of conversation. I don't really wanna handle cheesy stuff."

"Yeah right." I rolled my eyes. "Let's go get some hotdogs instead!" My eyes sparkled at the sight of freshly cooked hotdogs. They look so tasty that I didn't really wait for Kio's response but just pulled him towards the stall.

"We'll have two hotdogs." I laid down our order and searched through my wallet for some bills. 

"Krystal?" I looked up. It wasn't Kio who called out my name so I looked around and once again,

"Hello? Krystal! Right in front of you!" And so I looked in front of me.

I gasped. "Damon? Woah! How long has it been?" I almost hugged him over the hotdogs. He laughed at my gesture.

"4, 5 years? I don't know. Where you at now? I haven't seen you in ages."

Kio looked confused, of course. "Bruh, you know him too?" He asked me. I nodded. I got behind the stall and hugged him tight, like we're the best of friends, which we actually were, since diapers until middle school.

"I can officially call him my best friend since diapers." He chuckled. He looks so manly, to be honest. He kinda grew his hair in a medium length and it honestly compliments his face. I didn't really noticed but his eyes are just mesmerizing. I can definitely spend a day just admiring in his eyes, but in my defense, not in a romantic way. It's just that ever since I started college, I developed this thing where I appreciate the little details.

Kio just nodded teasingly, as usual... and of course, as uncomplaining as Damon can be, he just smiled awkwardly. I smacked Kio's left arm to compose himself.

Not a good ice breaker but I asked, "How much for the hotdogs?"

"Nah. It's on me. Welcome back!" He handed me the hotdogs and I smiled. I gave Kio his stick and I bid my goodbye to Damon.

"Come by to our house sometime, Dame. Let's ketchup! Bye!" I tried to do puns but that's just the best that I can. The good thing, since he's really kind, despite of my jayus, or commonly known as my awkward humor, he laughed it off.

"I'll make sure to drop by some time. See 'ya around." And then we pretty decided to walk back home.

On the walk home, of course, Kio fired his very intrigued questions.

"Soooo. Why the stare? Don't tell me..."

"Okaaay. I kinda anticipated. First of all, thank you for that wonderful question." I acted like a contestant in a beauty pageant.

I continued, "Well, if I will be honest, I will say that I am adoring his eyes at that moment. Just like how you feel right now, I am very fascinated by how he looks, cause we really haven't seen each other for so long. That's all."

"Okay. So since we have discussed about me earlier, let's talk about you. How did you feel when you saw Caden at the grocery?" I stopped on my tracks.

"If you want me to answer that question, we should probably walk back for like 2 miles, just to cover my answer." I jokingly said. I thought Kio was joking too but apparently, he's dead serious.

"2 miles it is."