Rage and Grief

Raelle and Scylla share the same emotions; revenge, love and rage but in a different angle. Scylla is vengeful for her parents’ death and so with Raelle for what happened to her mom that leads her to enlist to face death herself and end her mourning. Raelle’s love for Scylla is very strong and her effect on her makes her improve in the training, aside from the fact that she is really powerful more than anyone knows. That is the gift passed on to her from her mother.

But, Scylla’s disappearance after the Spree’s attack during the wedding gives Raelle so much grief and sadness. She was looking all over and strength is draining away from her. Events after events connecting Scylla on Porter’s death drains Raelle. Now that Scylla’s dead, as what was reported to her, she finds it hard to believe. She was in denial and it drove her crazy. She even stole Tally and Abigail’ Salva to find out if Scylla is still alive in the lighthouse they are supposed to go.

Scylla has killed a lot of civilians and there was no amount of reason to erase what she did. She is committed to her beliefs. Her identity is questionable. Her mission is fixed. Yet, a small percentage of remorse is enough to say that Scylla regretted the actions she did in the past. My theory is that she has her own mission other than her mission with the Spree.

First, she has to avenge her parents’ death and she can’t do that alone. She needs to have strong and powerful army. In order to do that, she has to earn the trust of the Spree so she wrecked havoc in the mall killing innocent people. I do not tolerate such actions but sometimes you got to do what you got to do. Desperate measures in a desperate time. There was no other way to earn trust in a massive way. Now that the Spree is on her side, Scylla can carry out her plans to break Fort Salem.