The Development

Present Day: Bonnie
As I'm walking with Stefan, I can feel the discomfort and tension between us. It's no secret of my dislike for him and those like him, but I like him better than most. The favoritism is even more prevalent in this time. We pass by the park and I decide to sit on the bench. He instantly follows me and sits on the opposite side.

"We don't have to be enemies. We have a common goal and a common hurt. It's also clear that we're the only sane ones and we need the comfort that the others won't give." I look down in my lap but I feel him look at him. "I'm listening, Bonnie. I know there's more you want to say and I'm listening." He says softly and moves to a more comfortable position. I relax my body a bit and take a deep breath.

"Caroline is still in this weird 'I care about Elena but why does she get all the attention stage', Damon is in love with her, and Jeremy shuts us out. We're the odd ones out and it's only right that we have our own comfort." He scoots closer to me and we finally make eye contact. I see a look of pain in his eyes and it breaks my heart. "Go on please." He urges me. It's as if I'm letting out emotions for the both of us.

"Caroline has her cheer friends, Damon kills people, and Jeremy is Jeremy. The others clearly hate us, especially her, so who else do we turn to when we have to be the rock for everyone else. It's no secret of our discrepancy, but I'll always like you more than everyone else. I trust you the most, and it's clear we both need a friend. So this me, extending my friendship to you." I give him a half smile.

He smiles back and pulls me into his side. I shockingly lay my head on his shoulder taking in the comfort we so desperately needed. "Thank you, Bonnie. I won't take this friendship for granted." After he says this we get a vision of Elena making everyone breakfast, her encounter with Klaus, the rude comments from Mikael, and her conversation with him afterwards. My poor friend.

I take one small glance at Stefan and I let the tears escape as I see them rolling down his face. I can't help but to feel her pain. All she wants to do is survive but this is the price she has to pay. I send a silent prayer to my friend hoping the universe will send it to her as I feel Stefan hold me tighter. I grab his hand and squeeze it as I contemplate on how to save her.

Present Day: Klaus
I almost tear apart the doppelgängers house until I'm being held down by my siblings and Damon. "Get the witch here NOW! Is no one feeling this. I'm not crazy and she of all people will not make me crazy. We are centuries removed from this life and here she comes bringing it back up." I breath heavily. I guess everyone let's me go when they all come to the consensus that I've calmed down.

"Someone is going to pay for this. Blood will be splattered. Heads will rolls. They will suffer." I knock a picture off their wall and storm out nearly tearing the door of the hinges. The more visions I have, the weaker I get. I can see this is draining my siblings as well. Before I can do much more damage, I get visions of Elena making us breakfast, me flirting with her, my father being an ass towards her, and a conversation that almost makes me feel bad for the doppelgänger.

What does this even mean for us? How does this change anything? Will it? I'll have to kill her and all her friends when she comes back. I can't have her making unnecessary changes in my life when I'm getting it to where I want. I go to the bar and look for girls to compel and kill.

Past Day: Elena
I wake up to notice Rebekah isn't in the room meaning she must've woken up before me. I take small gratitude in this as I run my hands through my hair and take a deep breath. I reminisce on my last few days and take it all in to let it all out. I get up and stretch pretending that everything is normal. My goal is to eventually love Klaus and I don't how I'm going to even attempt to do that.

It's crazy how things change because people say you can't judge a person from their past, but that's what I have to do to stomach my new truth. I get up and get ready for my day plastering a smile on my face. Once I emerge ready for the day, I see the boys setting up the table. "Good morning lovely Elena. We made you breakfast." Henrik says in his kid-like excitement. This makes me smile fondly at him.

"At the request of our dear mother of course." Kol says smirking making me smile wider. "But it's to thank you for taking the responsibilities of a lady to a family you just joined." Elijah says after hitting Kol. I give a more familiar smile to Elijah because he's always been the nicest to me. I notice the air get awkward as they all turn to Klaus expecting him to say something. I find myself raising an eyebrow in expectation.

Before he can say anything, Finn starts putting food on the table. "Excuse my brother's lack of manners. Are you going to say something dear brother." He says more stern than playful making my smile falter. "Right. Thank you for uh for you never ending kindness to us sweetheart." He looks down as he blushes. I can't help but smile at this. "I wanted to show my gratitude for all of your generosity towards me."

After the awkwardness, everyone makes their way to the table, Klaus coincidentally across from me. He keeps making shy eye-contact with me, and I feel my cheeks heat up. I can't help but feel taken by his human charms. We all make small talk as Klaus decides to play footsies with me and I park take in the act trying to hide my giggles.

Present Day: Klaus
I feel differently about this vision, and I hate it because I don't like how weak I feel. I feel a familiar feeling in chest and I push it back as far as I can. This is not what I am alive for and the doppelgänger won't be my salvation.