Chapter 36

"I just need you guys." Christi stated. Trying to hold back her tears, but failed. There was then a knock at her bedroom door, she knew immediately that it was her mom. She wiped away her tears and opened her door.

"Guys, I'll be right back." Christi sighed. She took of the earbuds she once had on and failed to mute herself again, Alejandro and Kairi then listened it on what they were talking about.

"What time did you get home today?" Her mom asked.
"Why does that matter?" Christi asked confusingly.

"I'm just curious." Her mom shrugged her shoulders.  Christi noticed she still hold a cup with some alcohol in it.
"Right after our soccer farewell party, for the seniors. four, twenty-eight pm." Christi told truthfully.

"Okay then." Her mom nodded.
"Why are you even asking?" Christi asked, not seeing the point on why her mom decided to interrupt her.

"I can't try and be a mom? Just to check on you?" Her mom turned to look at her.
"It's just.. sudden.. you usually just ignore me.." Christi lowered her voice a little.

"Then I'll continue to ignore you if you want it that way." Her mom scoffed, walking down the stairs.
"That's not what I fucking meant!" Christi scoffed as well, following her.

"Don't you fucking swear at me young lady!" Her mom turned to her, scolding her. Christi went silent.
"You do that all the time! Don't know how to respect adults. Fucking bullshit." Her mom mumbled at the end.

"Well I would have to swear at you if I ended up not getting influenced by you!" Christi defended herself. It was true, her mom did influence her in a lot of things.
"So this is suddenly my fault then, huh?!" Her mom started to raise her voice.

"Why the fuck do you have to make everything into an argument mom!" Christi swore once again.
"Cause you piss me off Christi. All the fucking time! I can't seem to get your attention! It really pisses me off." Her mom replied. Christi's eyes widen, but she also wasn't surprise by her response, she has mentioned that a few times to her before, but the more she said it, the more she meant it, even when drunk.

Christi just had no response, she headed back to her room, a few tears leaving her eyes once again, she didn't want to get further in the argument. She feared the worst.

"Christi, are you okay?" Kairi felt concerned.
"Dude, I'm the boyfriend, let me try." Alejandro stopped Kairi. Christi then let out a little laugh, causing Alejandro to see her smile and he smiled as well.

"Well, there's that smile I know and love." Alejandro smiled at Christi through the screen. Christi smiled a little more, but she remained silent.
"Come on, talk to us." Kairi pleaded.

"Fine." Christi then adjusted her position on her bed and wiped her tears.
"I think.. my mom is slowly getting to the point where I don't want her to get to.." Christi tried to explained.

"You think she's close to kicking you out?" Kairi tried to put the math together.
"Yeah, basically." Christi lowered her voice. Even though she hated her mom, fought with her day and night, got abused by her, she's still her mom, and she still had a little love for her.

"How to avoid that.. wait, scratch that, how do you guys open up to your parents.. like.. it's impossible for me." Christi asked, to Kairi and Alejandro, it felt like the millionth time she asked that.

"Like I've said many times before Ti, I they're my parents, I trust them, they trust me, and they respect me, and I respect them. The feelings have to be mutual." Alejandro responded.
"True, if the relationships are mutual, you start to open up, cause you know how they'll take it in and vice verse. Exactly how it is with best friends, like between us three." Kairi added.

"Last time I ever opened up to my mom is when I was 6, before my parents stared fighting, before my mom started drinking, before my dad left, before I stared to become an outcast." Christi remembered how things were like before, explaining it to the two boys.

"Broken as fuck families is fun.. am I right?" Christi said sarcastically.
"Christi.." Alejandro mumbled, loud enough for the microphone to pick up his voice.

"No, Ale, it's fine.. and actually, I need to hop into the shower, got to go." Christi said, not really knowing what her would say next, she later on left the call and threw her phone next to her on her bed.

She wasn't actually gonna shower. She just needed alone time. She then looked over to the drawer where she usually kept her bathing suits. She then thought of heading to the ocean again. It's been a while since she went out for a swim.

She changed into the bathing suit she first wore when she went to the beach with Alejandro the first time. She then grabbed her towel and a random hoodie, whatever her hand grabbed first. She carefully made her way outside, making sure her mom won't see her. Once she got outside she laid down her towel, throwing the hoodie on top. She then immediately got into the water. Relaxing and just mediating the water.

After a few hours, her mom decided to head outside, finding Christi in the water. It was around midnight and was confused why her daughter was in the water, she got angry as she called out to the girl.

"Christi! What the fuck are you doing! It's midnight!" Her mom yelled, Christi jumped, turning to see her mom. Her mom never liked when she went in the water, Christi sighed as she slowly go out of the water.

"Stop screaming mom, people are asleep." Christi stated siting on her towel, refusing to head inside.
"Christi, I need you to get your fucking ass inside right now." Her mom scolded. Christi just ignored her.

"Christi. Don't you fucking ignore me." Her mom scolded.
"I'll be inside soon. Just leave me be." Christi said, loud enough for her mom to hear. Her mom sighed as she took another gulp of alcohol from the bottle she was holding.

Christi sighed. When she felt dry enough, she grabbed the hoodie to put it on. She then realized it was one of Alejandro's hoodies. She happily pulled on the hoodie as she hugged herself.

Dammit. I miss that rat. Christi thought. This still kinda smells like him.. not gonna lie. Christi thought again. She stood up grabbing her towel when she felt ready to head back inside. Because the hoodie was Alejandro's. The piece of clothing covered her whole body. She smiled at the thought of Alejandro. She then walked back inside.

When she got inside, she saw her mom passed out on the couch once again. She rolled her eyes and she headed upstairs and hopped in the shower. When she got out, she changed back into the hoodie and just wore a panty. She crawled in bed and put on Netflix. She decided to watch Outer Banks, she immediately gotten interested in the show. She watched until she started to close her eyes, then fell asleep.

another messy chapter, i'm so sorry guys :/

THANK YOU GUYS SO MUCH FOR 900 VOTES!! I LOVE Y'ALL FROM THE BOTTOM OF MY HEART!!

don't forget to vote and follow for announcements!!

word count: 1257