three ; patience

I'm just laying hereWaiting for a change to comeTake us to the placeTakin' us where we would have gone

Waiting for a change to come
Take us to the place
Takin' us where we would have gone

Leora Lance had just returned to her shared apartment complex with her mother after attending school at Star City High School. She wasn't in the mood to do much, other than have a shower, snack on some food while watching television and then go to bed. But Leora's typical night never went that way, especially with the double life she had.

But as soon as Leora entered the dining room and saw her mother making her favourite dinner, she knew something was up. Leora hesitantly placed her bag beside the dining room table while curiously looking at her mother, waiting for her to say or do anything.

"Hello, sweetheart. How was school?" Dinah Lance asked in an awfully sweet voice.

Leora's stance never faltered, and if she didn't know any better, she'd thought her mother was being possessed. "It was good." There was another brief silence after that, and Leora quirked an eyebrow. "What's wrong with you?"

Dinah let out a light laugh as she served up their dinner onto two seperate plates. "There's nothing wrong, sweet. Can't I just make you your favourite dinner without something being wrong?"

"I mean I guess," Leora responded, sitting down at their dining room table, "it's just that I'm not used to this whole...thing."

Dinah just hummed as she placed their two seperate plates of dinner onto the table and sat across from Leora. Leora stared at her mother for a brief moment as the woman began to eat her dinner before she herself began to ate. The silence didn't last long.

"So, there's something that I wanted to speak to you about."

"I knew it!" Leora exclaimed just as she picked up her knife and fork.

Dinah frowned. "I haven't even told you what it is yet."

"I just know somethings up as soon as you make roast lamb with chocolate pudding as the dessert," Leora said with a small smirk. "You always make it either when something's wrong or you're about to tell me some news that I'd undoubtedly won't like."

Dinah sighed. "I guess you are my father's granddaughter."

"Thank you Grandpa Quentin."

Dinah cleared her throat as she began to cut the lamb on her plate. "Anyway, as I was going to say. Oliver and I haven't been on the...best of terms recently."

Leora chuckled. "Probably because he doesn't like you going off with Bruce."

"Leora!"

"What?! We both know those two don't get along," Leora told her. "Even Roy has said something about it."

"That is true, I guysss. But then again I just think it's their testosterone talking," Dinah said.

"Two rich vigilante's who are apart of the Justice League? How can they not clash?"

"If Clark had the money, he wouldn't act like them," Dinah said. "Even on his worse days, that man is an angel."

"Amen." Leora held her class of water up before taking a sip from it.

"As I was saying, Oliver and I haven't been seeing eye-to-eye as of late, so I've decided that we move somewhere else and have a fresh start. Well, sort of a fresh start. We've worked there before."

Leora groaned. "Mom, do we have to move? You know I hate meeting new people and trying to make new friends at a new school. And it's going to be difficult to catch up on my school work if I'm starting halfway through junior year."

Dinah smiled lightly. "That's the thing, you won't entirely be making new friends."

Leora narrowed her eyes in suspicion. "What do you mean?"

"Well," she began, "I've organised something with Bruce and we're moving to Gotham City."

Leora blinked as she processed what her mother just said, trying to figure out if what she said was real. "Are you messing with me?" She asked.

Dinah frowned at her response. "Why aren't you excited?"

Leora leaned back in her chair and crossed her arms. "Let me think; we're moving to a city with the highest crime rate I've ever seen meaning I'll be working double time as a vigilante whilst also trying to maintain my high grades and finish off school. Yeah, nah, I'm totally excited."

"But you'll be with Dick," Dinah said with a small smile, "and if Dick has been able to live his teenage years as Robin and also pass school, then I think you'll be able to as well."

Leora raised her eyebrows. "That's only because Donna and I have been helping him with his school work," she responded. "The kids not the brightest teenage boy I've met. He's quick at learning how to fight, yeah, but mathematics and science? No way. The kid's a goner."

Dinah let out a long sigh. "Leora, please be a bit more bright on the subject," she said, resting her elbows on the table as she stared at her daughter. "We'll be moving into an apartment complex in the heart of Gotham City and you'll be moving to the same school as Dick. Bruce is letting both him and the school know so that he will be paired with you and can guide you around the school."

Leora scoffed. "Great, thanks. Can't wait to meet all the other crazies in Gotham. Hey, maybe I'll even be going to the same school as some of their children! Like Deadshots, Riddler, Penguin, Scarecrow, Poison Ivy—"

"Sweetheart, we don't even know if they have children and whether they're bad or not," Dinah said with a light roll of her eyes.

"What would I do if they're bad, huh? Treat them like every other villain we encounter?"

Dinah shrugged. "Well if they're harming others, then yes."

Leora scoffed. "Oh, that'd be a great way to start off my new life at a new school. Getting one of my classmates arrested and put into Arkham Asylum."

"Leora just..." Dinah took a deep breath and clasped her hands. Her daughter was good at making her mad, and if she dared to raise her voice, lord knows what could happen to all the glass objects in the room as well as Leora. "We're leaving at the end of the week, end of next week the latest. Get your classmates phone numbers and emails if you want to keep in contact with them. I'd probably suggest Roy as that boy has always had an interest with you."

"Mom!" Leora said, her cheeks tinting a light pink.

"Sorry!" She replied with a chuckle. "And make sure you're all packed. Sorry sweetheart, but this is the way things are going to be. And hey, maybe it'll be great for us."

"You mean for you," Leora mumbled before stabbing her fork into her broccoli and shoving it into her mouth.

AUTHORS NOTES
hA my last update was on the 27th of February 2020 and it's now the 6th of October. i'm so so sorry for this, i've been busy focusing on life as well as my Captain America fanfic—trying to finish that. ill try to update more lads, but we're definitely getting dicky next chapter <3