Five : Yes!

Elsie stood at the stove scrambling some eggs as she felt two strong arms wrap around her. She smiled as a light kiss was pressed against her shoulder. She happily sighed and said," Good morning, Wats." Watson chuckled and kissed her neck before he grunted a quick good morning. Ever since they had spent that night together almost four weeks ago they were practically inseparable, always staying over at eachothers place. Elsie frowned as another wave of nausea came over her. She had been getting sick alot lately and Watson noticed. Watson frowned as he noticed her face pale. He sighed and said," Not feeling well again, darlin'?" She just shook her head and as he said,"Well I think you should take a pregnancy test." Elsie looked at him with wide eyes. She shook her head 'no' as she took the egg pan off the hot burner. Watson smirked and said," I just wanna make sure your okay. Because if your pregnant it may not be something more serious. Not that a baby isn't but like a illnees, darlin." Elsie teared up as she looked up to him. Elsie quickly pulled him into a hug as she began to cry. He sighed and pulled her close against his bare chest. Elsie sniffed and said," But I've been on the pill and you've used protection every time except the first time, I can't be pregnant." Watson chuckled and kissed her temple. Elsie swatted his chest slightly and said," Don't laugh at me. This is not the time." Watson pulled away from her and got down on his knees in front of her. He pulled out a box from his jean pocket and said,"Well I think it's great time, Lass. I've been heartbroken and I cast off women from life for sometime now. Then this beautiful American woman came to stay in my mother's rental home and turned my world upside down. I loved her from the moment I met her and since I've met her I carried around this ring. I don't care we've only known eachother for several week but I love her. So Elsie Fay Jar, how about you make me the happiest man alive and marry me?" Elsie gasped and covered her mouth with her hands. She couldn't believe it. Elsie teared up and got down on the floor with him. Elsie knew she was in love with this man too. She smiled and said," I'd love to but I need to know you're not doing this cause you think I'm pregnant." Watson chuckled and brought her in for a big kiss before putting away, leaving her breathless. Watson teamed her bed head some with his hands and said," Well yes and no. I've been waiting for the right moment and this made me realize I want my family with you Elsie. I want you to be my children's mother. I want to grow old with you and watch our grandkids run around wild in the yard. What do you say Elsie?" Happy tears slipped down her cheeks as she nodded and brought him in for a long kiss. Watson smiled into the kiss as he gently slipped the ring on her left hand. She pulled away from him and found a beautifully simple gold band with a small blue diamond. She smirked and said," It's beautiful, Watson." He smiled as he helped her up. He kissed her lips and said," Let's get ready and we'll go into town for a celebratory breakfast, then we'll stop by the clinic on the way home."

Watson and Elsie sat in the clinic waiting room as they waited to see the dr. Apparently this was the only dr in town and they treated everything from a broken bone or a labouring woman. Elsie bobbed her leg up and down as he held tightly on her hand. A woman in bright blue scrubs popped out the door and said," Elsie! The dr will see you now." Elsie and Watson both stood and followed the nurse back. She put them in a small room with trains decorating the wall. The nurse smiled and said,"The dr will be right in with you two. But I will warn you, there'll will probably be some blood work after the appointment. We don't usually do urine pregnancy test cause they're not as accurate. And trust me Dr. Tabbot loves to be accurate." Elsie just nodded as the nurse politely smiled to the couple and left. Elsie groaned as Watson chuckled. She looked towards him and shuddered slightly as she said," I can't stand having my blood taken. I'm gonna be sick thinking about it." Watson kissed her temple as a knock came to the door. An older man with white hair and beard walked inside. He smiled and said," So I hear you kids think you're expecting." Elsie and Watson nodded as he sat down in a the near by doctor's chair. Dr. Tabbot smiled wider and said,"Alright well let's start with symptoms. Any nausea, vomiting, sensitive breasts, bloating, cramping and spotting?" Elsie nodded as she nervously played with her fingers. Elsie sighed and said," All those except for the cramping. I have PCOS so spotting and painful breasts are normal." Dr Tabbot wrote on his notepads before he stood up. He smiled and walked over listening to her heart and lungs. He had her lay down and gently palpate her stomach. He smiled and said," Its too early for a ultrasound so we'll do a blood test. I'll have my nurse come in and take care of that. It'll be only a day to get the results back. We'll call as soon as we get the results. So if its positive hopefully in about nine months I'll help bring baby Watson Jr. into the world. Say hi to your father for me son." Watson nodded and thanked him as the dr left. Elsie crossed her arms with a sly smirk and said said," If it's positive were not naming then Watson Jr." Watson chuckled and went to her giving a tender kiss on her lips.

Elsie smiled as she set up her laptop, she tried to skype her parents for family dinner but now she was introducing Watson and telling them about the engagement. Watson came from the kitchen holding their dinner plates. He placed the plates down in front of them as he went back for a beer. He opened the fridge and yelled,"What do you want to drink?" Elsie was craving a glass of wine but knowing she couldn't have any till her test came back. She sighed and said,"Lemonade if you dont care, babe! Hurry up it's connecting!" Watson grabbed his beer and a bottle or lemonade before running back. He sat down beside her as her mom and popped up on the screen. She waved to them both and said," This is great your brother, wife and the kids are here. Oh hello, Watson! This is so great all my family over for dinner." Watson chuckled as they watched her mom bustle around till she put her laptop down on the table reveal the rest of her family. She waved to her family as he father's face hardened some. She saw Watson sit up straight as he said,"Nice to finally meet the rest you. I've heard so many good things about you all." Her brother, Bobby waved at him with a small smile before looking to his sister. He smirked and said," He good to you?" Elsie grabbed ahold of Watson's hand and giving it a good squeeze. She smiled and said," Very good." Bobby nodded and looked towards their dad. Her dad, Ronald didn't say a word as their mom began talking about their day. Watson was nervous all the way through dinner, the way her father kept staring at him. Watson took a sip of his beer as Elsie tapped his leg. He smiled and looked to as she whispered," You wanna tell them." He nodded as Elsie cleared her throat. Her mom looked to her with a smile as Elsie said," Well I just wanna start this saying I love Watson and he loves me. We haven't know eachother long but we just clicked. Kinda like Bobby and Sharon. Well this morning Watson proposed and I said yes." Sharon and Marie shrieked with joy as Bobby smiled and clapped. But her father is what concerned her she watched he grew angry and slammed his hand on the table. Everyone looked to her father as he said," Please for the love of God. Elsie you just met this man. What did he do knock you up or somethin'?" Elsie was speechless she never seen her father react like this before. Watson couldn't help but gulp as he saw Elsie's face turn from shocked to anger. She clenched her fists and said," So what if he did! I love him and that's all that matters to me. What's gotten into you, huh? One minute you're pissed at world the next you go off on us because I'm engaged. What's your problem, dad? I want to know now!" Her father stood up and looked into the screen. He shook his head and said," I'm disappointed in my daughter. She threw her life away to be some romance writer, goes to Scotland only to be knocked up by the grounds keeper." Tears gathered in Marie's eyes as she looked to Elsie. She opened her mouth not sure what to say. Bobby looked to the camera and said,"Are you pregnant?" Elsie began tearing up as she shrugged. Watson took her hand in his as he said," We won't know till tomorrow. We're waiting on her blood test." Ronald scoffed and shook his head as he walked out line of the camera. Sharon took her chance to speak up and said,"Give him time to come around, Elsie. You know he can be with his moods sometimes." Elsie nodded as Marie looked to her daughter. He held a hand to her heart as she looked at her daughter and Watson. She gave them a sad smile and said," He has to come around or God so help me. He know I watch too much ID channel to be acting like this. I'm not going to lie at first I wasn't sure about you Watson but I saw how you make my little girl happy and that's all I can ask for. You better not be getting hitched without me." Watson playfully saluted her and gave her a award winning smile. Bobby nodded and said," I'm on your side too sis. I'll walk you down the isle myself." Elsie nodded again as the tears began to roll down her cheeks. Watson pulled her into his lap and held her close as her mother said a quick love you before turning off the camera. He kissed her temple and said," He'll come around, Lass. Now I say we go watch a movie together on the couch with some hot cocoa." Elsie just nodded as he picked her up and carried her towards the bedroom where he had just installed a sixty inch tv per his mother's request. He laid her down and quickly jogged down the hall into the kitchen. She smiled thinking if him searching through every cabinet till he found the instant cocoa powder. She smiled and grabbed the remote, turning on Netflix.