Chapter 12: Attraction

Jisoo, Taeyong and Bobby were saved when a group of teachers and rescuers spotted them while going down the mountain road. Jisoo was immediately treated of her sprained ankle while the other two boys were summoned by the teacher-in-charge. The trio would be punished accordingly but not before submitting each of their apology letter.

It was already past midnight when Jisoo felt her throat throbbing. She got up from her bed and reached out for her tumbler only to be left with an empty container. She should've filled it earlier before going to bed. So, Jisoo was forced to limp her way to the cafeteria where the water refilling station was located. There, she saw a figure sitting alone in the middle of the mess hall. The figure seemed to be sleeping with his head against the table. Jisoo approached him, recognizing the person behind the figure.

"What are you doing here in the middle of the night?" Jisoo asked.

The boy immediately lift his head up, startled. "Jisoo?"

"Hey." Jisoo didn't wait for his invitation and sat across him.

Taeyong blinked, seemingly confused. "And what about you? What are you doing here this late at night? What about your leg?"

Jisoo raised her tumbler, making Taeyong realized her reason for her detour. "And my ankle's fine. They didn't hurt much unlike before."

Taeyong smiled and it made Jisoo uncomfortable. She cleared her throat. "I can see you're still making your apology letter."

"Ah." Taeyong looked down and tried folding the paper to hide his embarrassing letter. "And you?"

"Done but i doubt you'd call it an apology." Jisoo smirked. "It's more like an explanation why we ended up like this."

Taeyong laughed but he couldn't shake that image of Jisoo, smirking. Yes, Jisoo is beautiful, gorgeous in fact but there's something about her that stands out among the other girls he had met so far. She's... brave, smart and fierce.

Unknowingly, Taeyong reached out to tuck those loose strands of Jisoo's hair. Jisoo stilled, her eyes, wide. Taeyong realized his bold action and immediately turned red, looking away while rubbing the back of his neck. Jisoo also felt embarrased and also looked away. She didn't want to admit it but it made her heart pound. While the two of them were busy being unconscious with one another, a certain person caught them while trying to buy himself a bottle of gatorade from the nearby vending machine.

•••••

The trip went on and for their 2nd day, Nayeon finally let on. She realized how much of a bitch she was to Jisoo. Her jealousy got the better of her. When their class teacher tasked them to make a 5-person group, Nayeon was the first one to approach her and it somehow made Jisoo happy. Of course Taeyong volunteered to join their group, forcing his two other friends, namely Johnny and Yuta to join them.

Finally, their trip came to a conclusion. The school was gracious enough to take their students to the train station. Most parents were already there waiting for their sons and daughters to pick them up.

"Bye Jisoo. I'll see you tomorrow okay?" Nayeon smiled and waved good bye to Jisoo who immediately returned it with her own.

"Hey."

Jisoo jumped by surprise. When she turned, she spotted Taeyong with her gym bag hanging across his shoulder. The girl immediately reddened.

"Wh-what?" She stammered.

"Got a ride?" Taeyong decided to take a seat beside Jisoo. "With your ankle looking like that it would be better if someone with a car picked you up."

"Ye-yeah." Jisoo wanted to slap herself for stuttering like that. "My uncle just texted me. He's on his way now to pick me up."

"That's good." Taeyong smiled but didn't dare to look at her.