Awakening

Love is an extension of a broken heart.

"Hello!" He called

Wondering to himself what he was doing in a hospital and where everyone had gone to leaving him in a locked room. 

He struggled out of the bed but unfortunately, he fell to the floor. 

"Ouch" He exclaimed as he crawled to the rail of the bed and raised himself up. Reaching for the water dispenser, he found a note.

"Hey, Honey I know time is holding you hostage and causing our love to die, but I wish I can stay longer to wait and pray for you to recover. It's been a year and six months already and I can't keep at this. 

I'm sorry, I have to say goodbye. 

Our love was magical but you fell into a deeper spell than expected and I'm sorry.

                           I love you, Goodbye."

"Okay. This sounds quite lovely" He smiled flipping over to know who wrote it.

"Ugh.... I guess this was not for me"

He took a deep breath, and exhaled. 

"Can someone please come running here.." He gasped for air —"and open the door!" He yelled.

Silence slept along the hallways. Maybe, everyone has gone for a lunch break. When his voice came back echoing to everyone's absence, he turned and reached for a fire extinguisher hung a few centimeters from the door.

"So, I'm now a prisoner to a thin glass door. Okay, here you go have some glass extinguisher!"

Funny, Right? Guess someone just woke up from Jokeland. 

"Oh here you go little keys. Sure you missed being held and controlled." He opened the door, looked at both sides of the hallway and sighed.

"So, I'm just gonna ghost walk outta here..." He muttered.

The stairs sure wasn't a good idea. He took the elevator. 

"What the heck!" He was puzzled when he saw that no one was down at the ground floor, not even a receptionist and the doors were locked with a security key.

"Isn't this supposed to be....!" He bellowed as he looked outside through the thick glasses of the door— "My Country..?" He stared with fear in his eyes.

"I guess you want to leave." 

He turned to know where the voice was coming from— "Oh yes, you guessed that right. I want to.."

"That wouldn't be a great idea." Stepping closer, taking off his earphones and sliding them into his lab coat. 

"There's a lot you should know before walking out that door."

Shepard's been a lab scientist in Gram's Hospital for four years. He had served as the best they could find.

Gram's been known to have conducted successful surgical operations in the last 10 years without failure and with Shepard, there has always been accuracy of diagnosis.

He was Faithful throughout his service until the pandemic which resulted in the world's greatest Isolation. 

His smile always recommends ladies to Gram's hospital. He was a hot cake, dark and lovely despite his loss of hair.

"Out there is a world that doesn't want humans"

Grey's brows rose "what do you mean by that? A world that doesn't want humans? Then why are we still alive?"