Prologue//

{Please give me feedback!! I hope you guys like it!! @ liams_paynecakess is my instagram fan account!! So follow me there for some updates as well. I started writing this story a while ago and after getting watt pad I'm deciding to continue it.} {} =author note

Hollie Simmons is the average popular girl in highschool. No, not the typical rich, stuck up-snob who is mean to everyone, and doesn't care about school. No, she was different8. She was nice to everyone, and was class salutatorian (under valedictorian). Yes, her family was wealthy. They weren't crazy rich, but they weren't poor either. You see, her dad is a lawyer, and her mother is a doctor which explains the nice house, and cute clothes. But that doesn't give Hollie the excuse to live off her parents money like her friend Tara Ryland. Tara and Hollie are two completely different people. Since Hollie isn't the typical popular girl, Tara is known to be one. She lives off her parents money, her grades are bombing, and doesn't care about anyone but hot jocks who find her interesting.

The only thing that bonds her and Tara together is that their parents are family friends. Ever since they were 11 years old they've been best friends. She gets mixed feelings towards Tara though. Although Tara says she's only trying to help her, she's always criticizing Hollie's outfits, the way she wears her hair, how she's such an overachiever and never puts herself out there. In the end, it just makes Hollie feel insecure and have second thoughts about herself. But the problem is, Hollie doesn't see Tara like how everyone else sees her. She still thinks Tara is her best friend and is only just trying to help her (as to what she says). Plus, she feel like she has to thank Tara, because if it wasn't for her, she wouldn't have Dylan Stephens as her boyfriend.

Like any other relationship, they do have their ups and downs. Dylan cheated on her. Twice. And Hollie, being the forgiving girl that she is, still accepts Dylan's apologies even though he doesn't deserve them. Dylan is known as the soccer jock. The one all the girls dream about. And if it wasn't for Tara, she wouldn't have been the lucky girl who got asked out. The only thing that doesn't feel right to Hollie is that she feels like these people aren't really her friends and don't really love her. But they're with her everyday, so why does she feel like this? While lost in her confused thoughts, Hollie keeps seeing the boy with the bad reputation. Michael Clifford.

Tara tries to save Hollie from being an outcast, but theres something in Michael and Hollie's relationship thats special that makes them inseparable. But when something tragic happens to her on the night of her high school homecoming, she realizes who really is there for her and who are her real friends. The ones who really do love her for who she is.