𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐨𝐧𝐞

ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ᴏɴᴇ

❝ ʙʀɪɴɢɪɴɢ ᴏᴜᴛ ᴛʜᴇ ᴅᴇᴀᴅ ❞

                        𝐀𝐠𝐨𝐧𝐲 𝐰𝐚𝐬 𝐬𝐨𝐦𝐞𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐁𝐨𝐧𝐧𝐢𝐞 𝐁𝐞𝐧𝐧𝐞𝐭𝐭 𝐡𝐚𝐝 𝐮𝐧𝐟𝐨𝐫𝐭𝐮𝐧𝐚𝐭𝐞𝐥𝐲 𝐛𝐞𝐜𝐨𝐦𝐞 𝐫𝐚𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐫 𝐚𝐜𝐜𝐮𝐬𝐭𝐨𝐦𝐞𝐝 𝐭𝐨,  it was familiar, an ordinary occurrence in her day to day life

                        𝐀𝐠𝐨𝐧𝐲 𝐰𝐚𝐬 𝐬𝐨𝐦𝐞𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐁𝐨𝐧𝐧𝐢𝐞 𝐁𝐞𝐧𝐧𝐞𝐭𝐭 𝐡𝐚𝐝 𝐮𝐧𝐟𝐨𝐫𝐭𝐮𝐧𝐚𝐭𝐞𝐥𝐲 𝐛𝐞𝐜𝐨𝐦𝐞 𝐫𝐚𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐫 𝐚𝐜𝐜𝐮𝐬𝐭𝐨𝐦𝐞𝐝 𝐭𝐨, it was familiar, an ordinary occurrence in her day to day life.

The feeling was always with her, perhaps it always had been, a heavy feeling laced deep in her heart- that no matter the many tears she shed, only seemed to increase in volume.

It was all she'd ever known really; from the day her mother had walked out of the revolving hospital doors with no baby carrier sight; she'd had been introduced to a violent despair which had turmoiled ever since.

Swallowing as the tight feeling in her throat returned to mockingly taunt her, Bonnie's reserved gaze flickered to the woman stood before her.

Head held high, dark curls swaying with the light breeze, Abby didn't seem as phased as Bonnie was. She looked at Bonnie like a stranger, but she supposed in one sense, she was.

Bonnie didn't regard Abby as a daughter traditionally should, how could she? Despite being similar in appearance with big brown eyes and petite, delicate features, Bonnie would never view Abby as anything but a stranger.

She hadn't been present when Bonnie had taken her first steps at her grams, chubby toddler arms held out for balance while her grams and dad had looked on with glee, cheering her on as she jolted forwards on unsteady legs before tumbling straight onto the glass coffee table.

The already unsteady table had smashed into smithereens, a small shard impaling the bare skin of her knee, resulting in her first ever scar, a small centimetre line, slightly puckered and faded, just below her kneecap.

She hadn't witnessed her leading role as an actress. After beating many crying girls to the punch, Bonnie had proudly been announced as the lead female role. Of course, it had been an elementary production of 'the nativity', but from the hype her grams had given her, one might have thought Bonnie was preforming live on a Broadway phenomenon.

Dressed in a blue tunic with a scarf over her head, Bonnie had barely remembered her lines, too busy sending bright toothy smiles to her family located on the front row as they filmed her with a clunky, hand-held video camera.

There were so many precious memories and moments her mother had been absent from, not giving her the guidance she had desperately needed.

Bonnie loved her grams and her dad more than anything, but there were certain situations that needed a woman's guidance- a young woman's guidance.