𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐭𝐰𝐨

ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ᴛᴡᴏ

❝ ʙʀɪɴɢɪɴɢ ᴏᴜᴛ ᴛʜᴇ ᴅᴇᴀᴅ - ᴘᴀʀᴛ ᴛᴡᴏ ❞

               𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐛𝐮𝐫𝐧𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐭𝐨𝐫𝐜𝐡 𝐬𝐡𝐞'𝐝 𝐫𝐚𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐫 𝐬𝐤𝐢𝐥𝐟𝐮𝐥𝐥𝐲 𝐜𝐫𝐚𝐟𝐭𝐞𝐝 𝐡𝐚𝐝 𝐥𝐢𝐭 𝐮𝐩 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐭𝐮𝐧𝐧𝐞𝐥 𝐚𝐡𝐞𝐚𝐝, bathing the current section of tunnel in a flickering orange glow. 

Small, loose stones hazardly littered the grounding, meaning the two witches had to step carefully if they didn't want to fall face first on the cold, damp ground.

The old Lockwood cellar was fusty and damp smelling, as if the place hadn't been used for a hundred years or so.

In Bonnie's opinion, the place needed airing out, or perhaps even a few scented candles would help. 

Snapping herself out of her thoughts, Bonnie quickly hurried her pace when she realised Stefan was at least ten metres in front of her. 

Stefan seemed to coincidently forget, or he simply didn't care, that the two women behind him were somewhat human and couldn't keep up with his rapid pace.

He was hurrying them through the tunnels, fast enough for Abby to ever so slightly stumble. The sound made Bonnie snort.

"Slow down!" Abby complained, voice echoing through the cave as the vampire practically ignored her.

Shrugging his shoulders, Stefan kept up his fast pace. "Keep up, we don't have much time."

Bonnie found herself rolling her eyes in frustration as she failed to keep the annoyance from dripping from her tone. "Sorry Stefan, but I didn't have a choice." She reminded him, wondering how many times he would continue to blame her.

"It was a choice Bonnie, you made it and now we have to live with it. You told Klaus where the coffins were and he took them. All of them except this one." Stefan remarked as the blood red coffin came into sight. 'It looked extremely out of place in the cave' Bonnie couldn't help but remark to herself as she glanced around.

Noticing a crack between two large boulders which would hold the torch, Bonnie carefully lodged the torch within, being mindful not to burn her fingers as Abby paused behind her.

"That's the one that's sealed?" Abby hummed, walking up to the coffin and running her fingers along the smooth oak.

"Yep. Fortunately, it seems to be the one he cares about the most." Stefan smirked, leaning against the entrance of the cave. As Abby took a step back, turning to face Stefan, Bonnie walked up the coffin.