0.0

***

For the last two years of Jade Bellamy's life, she had been controlled by an extremely abusive boyfriend. The trauma he puts Jade through causes her to become somniphobic, resulting in her unable to sleep alone. Not able to escape the relationship, Jade found ways to cope with her emotions. She thought she'd never escape. That is, until Alec Martinez came in her life. Jade and Alec open up to each other about their demons. As they opened up, Jade came up with an amazing solution: a deal. Jade would help Alec with his anger issues, and Alec would sleep with her during the night. Sounds simple, right? No strings attached? Wrong. Because just a few days in, Jade finds herself with about every possible string attached.

***

Excerpt: 

     "So, if you help me with my issues, I'll help you with yours?" He asks and I nod. He rubs his hands together. "So, are we talking every night I sleep with you?"

     I shake the naughty thoughts out of my head, "Not if you don't want to. I usually have Asia sleep with me, but she's always so busy." 

     He cocks his head to the side, "So what happens if you don't have anyone there?"I shrug, "Then I don't sleep."

     He stays silent for a moment, playing with his hands as if he is in deep thought. After a minute he looks up at me and sticks out his hand, "You've got a deal, Jade."

***

Side Note: This book is loosely based off of real events that happened throughout my life. I ask everyone reading this to be kind and considerate when creating a comment.

***