ᴏɴᴇ

ᴀɢᴀᴛʜᴀ ʏᴏᴜ ᴘsʏᴄʜᴏ ʙɪᴛᴄʜ

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

ANOTHER DAY, another storm. In less than an hour Kildare Island was going to be hit with one of the biggest storms recorded this year. They weren't unusual on the coast and everyone had grown used to the constant routine checks and damage. The thing Rory hated the most about them? The power outages and clean up. She wasn't getting paid enough to spend the day cleaning up tree branches and rubbish.

When her afternoon shift at The Wreck finally came to an end, Rory was beyond relieved. She loved working the tables, but hated the constant chat of the brewing storm. When she was given the all clear to go from Mike, she practically sprinted out of the restaurant. She threw a hasty goodbye to Kiara as she made a beeline towards the exit.

Maybe it was the lack of sleep finally hitting her, but Rory swore she heard her bed calling her name. After spending a third night in a row drinking till four in the morning with her friends, Rory's body was about to give out. She shouldn't have let JJ bribe her to stay with another perfectly rolled joint. That mistake was definitely felt today.

Once she finally crossed over to the south side of the island, Figure Eight, Rory's shoulders sagged in relief. It had been almost a week since she'd been home but right now all she dreamed of was her unnecessary king sized bed. Despite her hatred for the extravagant beach house she grew up in, Rory knew she wouldn't get any peace at the Chateau if JJ's there. He'd find some way to distract her from sleep.

Tiptoeing through the hallway, Rory attempted to sneak into her own house. The last thing she needed was to bump into her family, especially her mother. She was in no state to hear another lecture on the Kook lifestyle. When she reached her bedroom door, Rory wanted to cry in relief. Of course, just as she reached for the door handle, her sister's bedroom door swung open.

   "So close." Rory mumbled under her breath. Her forehead slammed on to her door as she tried to fight the urge to run.

    Kate basked in her sister's disappointment, as she slowly approached her with crossed arms and a stuck up grin. "Look what the cat dragged in." She said, making sure to include her usual insult.

    In no mood for her prissy sister, Rory turned to face her and glared. "I'm really not in the mood for your shit right now, Kate." She groaned, hating how desperate she sounded.

    "Why so exhausted, sis?" Kate taunted, a mischievous glint in her eye. "Long day spent with those dirts you call friends."