ғɪᴠᴇ

ᴛʜᴇ sʜɪᴛ ᴡᴇ ᴅᴏ ғᴏʀ ғʀɪᴇɴᴅsʜɪᴘ

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

DESPITE THEIR near death experience, the group were still following the trail the death compass was leading them on. John B was desperately searching for answers on his dad's disappearance and he had a gut feeling the compass played a part in it all. The rest of the group had lost interest after being threatened for the second time this week. But they weren't going to let their friend down.

The five teens were gathered in the rundown van on their way towards their latest adventure. After searching through the hundreds of Redfields in Kildare County, John B had told them that he knew the best place to start with. He explained nothing as he rushed all of them into the van and sped down the road. During their drive, John B was trying to convince his friends that there was some way his dad left him the compass. Rory wanted to believe it too, but none of it added up.

"I mean, it's obvious, right?" John B continued to rant. "A family heirloom. What better place to hide a message? He had to know it was gonna get back to me, right?"

"Yeah. It's possible." Kiara agreed from her spot in the passenger seat, but she sounded unsure. She glanced back at Rory who just shrugged her shoulders, also unsure about the whole idea.

"It could also be possible that you're concocting wild theories to help, you know, deal with your sad feels." Pope bluntly said, ignoring John B's warnings. Rory lazily sat up from her spot beside JJ and smacked her friend across the back of the head. "Ow."

"Bro, you know how I process my sad feels. Dank nugs and the stickiest of ickies, that's how I do it." JJ joked, trying to lighten the mood.

"You're unbelievable." Rory muttered, lightly shoving her boyfriend for his stupid comment.

John B shook his head and tried to explain to his friends how serious he was. "I'm not concocting, okay? My dad's trying to give me a message." He argues.

"If it helps you believe, John B." Kiara told him softly.

"Look, I-I don't need a therapy session, okay?" John B snapped in frustration. "Look, I'm not trippin' out."

"It's okay to trip, bro, but--" JJ tried to assure him but John B quickly cut him off.

"Look, my - my dad is missing, okay?" John B sighed as he looked at all his friends. "Missing. You don't know what it's like to have the person closest to you vanish and then have no idea what happened. Just wake up every morning wondering."

"It's been almost a year." Kiara reminded him.

"Hey, he could have been kidnapped. That's definitely a possibility." JJ suggests, his way of soothing his friend.