The importance of the Forehead Ribbon~

(Do you guys remember that episode on the series where Lan Wangji tied his forehead ribbon on Wei Wuxian's wrist and then meet Lan Yi?? So yeah, I made my own story out of that episode.

Hope you guys enjoy it!)

*********

When the ribbon is tied around his wrist, he thought that it was just to protect him from the attacks of the guqin. But who knew, that it was much more than that, more bigger than he imagined.

~~~~~

The Killer Strings guqin is one of the most famous instrument in the cultivation world. It is said that the strings of the instrument can cut into anything, and the music produced by it is powerful. It is created by Lan Yi, the first and only female Sect Leader of the Gusu Lan. But legend also said that the instrument haven't been used or played ever since she passed away. It is said that no one has been able to play or used the guqin. No matter how her descendants tried to play it, it won't produced a sound. It's like the Silencing Spell has been casted on it.

This legend has been spread far and wide into the cultivation world. Many have gone to Gusu to take a look at the instrument, and maybe try their luck. But no one has been successful. To avoid the instrument falling into the wrong hands, the Gusu Lan Sect has sealed the guqin into the Cold Pond Cave. It is located on the back mountain at Cloud Recesses. Nobody can enter there except for Lan Yi's descendants.

The guqin hasn't been able to produce a sound or be played for decades now, just locked away in the cave. That is until Lan Wangji and Wei Wuxian have discovered it.

"Lan Zhan! Let me borrow your forehead ribbon!" Wei Wuxian shouted as he prepared to defend himself from another attack coming from the guqin.

But instead of answering him, Lan Wangi flew to his side and tied the ribbon around their wrists. Soon enough, the attacks stopped and the two went towarsds the stone table where the instrument is placed.

"The legendary Killer Strings guqin?" Wei Wuxian asked when he got a closer look.

"Mn."

Something is urging Lan Wangji to play the guqin. So he sat in front of it and closed his eyes. He then touched the strings of the instrument and plucked it. They were both shocked when it produced a sound. They have heard of the legend of the instrument after all. How no one was able to produced a sound while playing it.

And then, Lan Yi appeared in front of them.

"Master Lan Yi." Lan Wangji immediately bowed and gave respect to his ancestor.

"Master Lan Yi?! The creator of the Killer Strings?!" Wei Wuxian was astonished when he heard what Lan Wangji said.

Lan Yi have told them how a part of her was with the guqin all the time. Guarding it and making sure that it is safe, until the fated person to used it has come. It wasn't hard to determine the fated person she is talking about.

"I believed my time has come. I entrust the guqin in your hands Wangji. Use it well." She said and started to fade away. But before she completely disappeared, she said something that shocked and confused the two.

"I gave you both my blessing."

"Huh? What blessing?" Wei Wuxian turned to Lan Wangji to get some answer. But the latter isn't looking at him, and he seems to be blushing, especially the tip of his ears.

~~~~~

The two didn't know that they have disappeared for a whole day. When they got out of the cave, they learned that everyone has been searching for them. The two went on their own way after they got out of the cave. Lan Wangji went to his uncle and brother, while Wei Wuxian went to his siblings when he heard how worried they are, especially his Shijie.