Chapter 4

Scarlett

We arrived home fairly after midnight. I gave the bottle to Joe and the rest of my men to celebrate with on the success of the auction; whilst advising them not to get drunk. I went upstairs to get ready for bed. "How was the auction?" Questioned Mason. "You're still awake?" I cocked an eyebrow as I climbed in bed to join him. "Of course I am." I shrugged and pulled the sheets to me. "So you won't tell me how the auction went?" I sighed, "If you insist. It was a huge success. Fonsi was there too." "What!? Fonsi? What was he doing at a club...actually why your club?" I chuckled. "It is a 5 star club where sophisticated people visit. He's rich. My club is top class. Top quality." "I hope you didn't sleep with him..." Mason mumbled. "Babe, I have every right to sleep with any man I want...I mean you've been doing that behind my back. I had a little respect for you but now; I don't see why I should." I replied switching my lamp off. I heard Mason sigh heavily.

He should know better than to mess with me. That night I fell into a dreamless sleep. Woke up to the smell of..."Mhh vegetable paella," I whispered to myself sitting up from the bed. "Good morning, Mistress. I've had the maid make your favorite. Vegetable paella, cod omelet, chocolate pudding and fresh squeezed orange juice. Just how you like it." Said Mason, pushing a tray of food to my direction. "Is this your way of trying to apologize, Brouishkov?" I cocked an eyebrow dishing up for myself. I loved the taste of vegetable paella with a hint of salsa. "Did it work?" I smiled to myself. "Maybe it did...a little," I mumbled walking to the bathroom. Mason trailed behind me. He watched me run a hot bath for myself. I undressed and got in the tub. Soaking and relishing in the water. Loving how the hotness pinched my skin. Mason began massaging my scalp. I'll admit it. It felt good. "The election's in a week..." "Yes, I know." I said to him; my eyes closed. "Fonsi is still alive." There was uncertainty in his voice. Maybe with a hint of doubt. "Positive." With that response he stopped massaging my scalp. "Who told you to stop?" He sighed and continued. "If there's one thing you should be on a hundred to is, my delivery. I never disappoint and never back down. He'll be gone in a week. Trust me." I said to him getting out of the tub. He covered me in a towel and left.

As I was getting dressed I received a call from Lillie. "What is it Lillie?" I questioned irritated. "You need to get here as soon as possible Mistress." She replied. I was most unimpressed. "Whatever it is...it'll have to wait..." "It's about Fonsi, Miss." Well, now that captured my attention. In that case, it's not a tough decision. "Give me 20 minutes." I hung up and finished preparing myself. I called in Joe and some other men to drive me to my hub. As I was about to walk out Mason grabbed my hand. "Where are you off to? Today's an important day for us." It just then clicked that we had a wedding to plan for. "This is much more important, Mason." I replied putting on sunglasses. "Don't wait up for me." "But it's 10am what's that supposed to mean Scarlett?" He snapped. The corner of my lips twitched. I spun around on my heels and grabbed him by the throat. "Never again raise your voice to me Brouishkov. Know your place." I hissed. He gulped and nodded. I released him and dusted his suit. "I do believe you'll do an excellent job with the wedding plans, my dear." I said out loud so as to the servants would hear, while faking a genuine smile. Sealing the deal with a kiss on his cheek and walking out. "Miss, I hate to intrude...but are you really serious about marrying Brouishkov?" Asked Joe. "You're right. Don't meddle Joe; if you know what's good for you." I sat in the car and waited for him to drive off.

The drive was silent. Like always. I wonder what shenanigans awaited me. Walking in the building was dreadful. "Why am I here Lillie? It better be good." I said to her over the bar counter, whilst siting on a couch and gestured for someone to serve me my usual; as if on queue Lillie brought my margarita. She sat across from me. "Sil came back today." She began, "She told me that Fonsi's house is like a fortress. He took her home but he did nothing with her. He told her that he wanted you; and only you." Her words made me choke on my margarita. "What!? He rejected Sil?" She nodded. "That imbecile! I am going to rip him into shreds." I said breaking the glass with my hand. Allowing the pieces to fall without cutting me. I gritted my teeth in annoyance. "Sil also said that he has a soft spot for you, because she saw a room filled with your pictures." I hummed in amazement at that statement. The freak could either be stocking me or hates me deeply. Either way, he has got to go. "Set up a meeting with him for tomorrow morning." She nodded and slightly fidgeted. I raised an eyebrow. "Matter being?" I asked her. "I've managed to round up 75 girls, Mistress..." "And what did I say?" I asked standing up. "That you wanted 200 atleast." She responded in a low tone. "Correct." She casted her eyes downwards, avoiding eye contact. "But, because of this new discovery. I'll let it slip. Just make sure you have them by the end of the week with an additional 50. Understood?" She nodded aggressively, "Yes Mistress. Right away." And she scurried off. I looked around my club, feeling superior with a deadly plan emerging in my head. I'm gonna need a new outfit. "Joe call in Sil and show her gratitude. However she'll want it." "What if it's to...?" He trailed off. I grunted in annoyance. "If it's satisfaction...you satisfy her. Period! Or offer her a position that's argh!" Before I could finish my sentence a shrieked cry alarmed us. Wtf! My men and I got in battle positions. I pulled out my gun from my purse. Ready for a kill.

Moments later; Lillie came running in from the second floor. She looked petrified. "It's Sil! She got shot!" Her words were like lace to me. Soft, yet alarming. Before ascending upstairs I had my men surround the whole place and check for any clues. As they did so I went over to check on Sil. I knelt next to her on the floor. "What happened to you?" I asked as she coughed out blood, holding onto her abdomen. "He said he wants you and will stop at nothing to have you...because he knows you." With the last word Sil drifted off. Lifeless. It wasn't her death that bugged me; but Fonsi. That little fucker has got to go. "Joe. Danny. Armageddon." The two men nodded. Understanding what I meant. If it's a war he wants, it's a vendetta he shall get.  No one tries to frighten death...especially not the Mistress of death; herself. I guess that visit will have to be today. Tomorrow will be too late. It's impulsive but then again, it's me we're talking about.

"Fonsi has been like a rat for quite some time, I think rat poison won't be enough." I said to my troops. "Men, here's what's going to happen. I will kill Fonsi with my own two hands. You can start the vendetta once I'm inside. He has to be captured and brought back here," I thought it over; "Nah. He dies...tonight." They all nodded in agreement. I ordered them to prepare themselves for the raiding; whilst I pampered myself. Looking like a doll. I chose to wear a navy blue dress with a side slit and leather gloves. I was driven to Rossetti compound by a random guy whom if he died I wouldn't even give a damn. I was escorted inside and the interior mesmerized me. One of the guards took me to his lounge. "Ah, the Mistress. I've been expecting you." He said while gesturing to his house with open arms. I cocked an eyebrow. "I'm sure you have Fonsi." He smiled and led me to his indoor bar where he poured me a drink. We talked for some time and I got more and more agitated. Until, he led me upstairs. Perfect. I smiled to myself vilely. He led me to this huge bedroom. He went to sit on the bed while pouring me a drink and I locked the door behind me. Within seconds I pulled out my guns from the belts on my inner thighs. "I've been waiting for so long for this moment," I said to him. He smiled seductively thinking that I wanted him; but when he saw my guns...I swear his eyes wanted buldge out of their sockets. "How dumb could you be..."

I smiled menacingly

I smiled menacingly. "Time to die, Fonsi." Before he could even say 'what'. Ten gunshots went through his heart. Too easy.