Chapter 3

Rouge rummages through the kitchen in search of her favorite mug. If she's going to spend the whole day writing the after action report, she's going to make sure she at least has her favorite mug with her.

"A-ha!" She cheers.

Shadow makes a face as she pours herself some coffee. "I don't know how you can stand to drink that stuff."

"It's called not being a baby about it."

He simply rolls his eyes at her and grabs a glass of water. "Don't you have a report to be writing," he teases.

"Ugh, don't remind me," she groans into her coffee. "Speaking of which, where's Omega? I need his video feed from the mission."

"He uploaded it to the GUN network this morning before leaving."

"Okay, but where is he?"

"On the Demo Field."

She pauses in confusion. "Why?"

Shadow simply shrugs.

Rouge sighs and pours herself some more coffee. At least if he breaks something there the higher ups won't get on her case about it. Though, it makes her wonder why exactly Omega would want to go to the Demolitions Field in the first place.

She pushes the thought from her head. She doesn't have time to wonder about that right now. She has an after action report to file.

--

Rouge rubs her face for what feels like the millionth time. After a painful four hours, she's only seventeen pages in. She hasn't even gotten to the part where Tails and Sonic show up yet!

She honestly doesn't understand why GUN wants transcripts of their conversations during missions when she has to submit the audiologs themselves to begin with. She and her team have been faithul agents for years. One would think that by now the top brass would realize none of them plan to, or even want to, betray GUN.

She's about to get back to work when her phone dings.

There's takeout from that place you like in the frigdge

She smiles at the message. For as aloof and stoic as Shadow tries to act, he's a total sweetie at heart.

thnx u da best xoxoxo <3<3<3

She gets up and stretches; her back cracking in all the right places. She stretches her stiff wings and winces at the twinges of pain. Maybe she should take a short break to stretch.

But for now, she has some delicious food calling her name!

--

Rouge takes another sip of her coffee and grimaces. It's gone cold. Well, the mug's almost empty, may as well finish it.

"Omega, be more careful around Amy Rose."

Rouge just about spits her coffee. She holds it back and nearly chokes for her efforts.

There's no way she heard that right. She rewinds the footage and sure enough:

"Omega, be more careful around Amy Rose. It's one thing if you accidentally hurt me and Rouge or even dumbass and the Kid. She's more civilian than them, and she doesn't actively work against us."

She pauses the video and tries to process it. The only reason she left Amy to greet Shadow and Omega was because Shadow had been in a bad mood after Sonic showed up. She'd been hoping Amy would take the brunt of it so she didn't have to deal with it.