Chapter Eighty-One.

“I know I said I’d do some sort of speech for your wedding, Kate,” I smiled as I stood on the little stage in the room where the wedding reception was taking place. “But as you know, I’m rubbish with words and so I thought I’d do a speech my way.”

I smiled over at Luke as he pressed play on the CD. As the first note of the music played, Kate instantly smiled at me, knowing exactly what song I was going to be singing.

Lately I’m so tired. If I took it all out on you, I never meant to. If I left you outside; if you ever felt I ignored you, know my life is all you. So put your best dress on and wrap yourself in the arms of someone who wants to give you all the love you want.” 

As I began to sang Westlife’s Tonight - one of Kate’s all-time favourite love songs, I looked at the happy couple with a huge smile on my face. It felt so good to see Kate so happy. Jonathan stood up and held his hand out for Kate to take. 

“Tonight, I’m gonna make it up to you. Tonight, I’m gonna make love to you. Tonight, you’re gonna know how much I missed you, baby. Tonight, I dedicate my heart to you. Tonight, I’m gonna be a part of you. Tonight, you’re gonna know how much I love you and I miss you so.”

Continuing to sing, I smiled as they made their way onto the empty dance floor hand in hand. Jonathan wrapped his arms around Kate’s waist as they slowly began to sway from side to side in each other’s arms. Everybody watched Kate and Jonathan as they began their first dance. Watching them was like watching a fairytale. Kate looked up at me as Jonathan held onto her. Her smile was the best thing about the whole day. You could tell how happy she was just with the look in her eyes.

“I don't wanna act like I know that you'll be mine forever, though I hope its forever. Don’t want you to feel like I take you for granted whenever we are together. So put your best dress on and wrap yourself in the arms of someone who wants to give you all the love you want.”

I looked over at mum who was sat on the top table crying with granddad. Well, I say crying – it was more like tearing up, as they watched Kate and Jonathan. Everyone was still watching Kate and Jonathan as they slow danced with each other – apart from George. I didn’t notice him smiling at me as I continued to sing the song. As I eventually noticed him smiling at me, I smiled back at him. I continued to look at him as I sang the lyrics.

“Tonight, I'm gonna make it up to you. Tonight, I'm gonna make love to you. Tonight, you're gonna know how much I miss you, baby. Tonight, I dedicate my heart to you. Tonight, I'm gonna be a part of you.”

I looked back at Kate and Jonathan as they continued to sway from side to side. Kate had her arms around Jonathan’s neck whilst he had his arms wrapped around her waist. I could see Jonathan whisper “I love you” to Kate which made my heart melt. Glancing back at George, I grinned.

“Tonight, you're gonna know how much I miss you.”

I got ready to finish the song.

“And I miss you so.”

*

Walking back over to the table where I was sat originally with Josh, JJ, Jaymi and George, I sat back down, grinning at them all. “I was expecting you to do the Cha Cha Slide then,” Jaymi joked to me.

“Oh, I’m saving that until later,” I winked.

“JJ’s worked on his Gangnam Style dance too,” Josh laughed.

“Have I?” JJ asked.

“You’ve been working on your Gangnam Style dance for years, JJ.”

I smiled at Josh and Jaymi’s banter with JJ. Looking at George, he seemed quiet. “What’s up with you?” I smiled, taking a sip of champagne from my glass on the table.

George looked at me as he stopped staring into space. “What?” he grinned.

“You just look like something was wrong,” I smiled.

“No,” he grinned. “I’m fine.”

“Good,” I smiled.

“Sammy,” Kate said as she rushed over to me. “I need you.”

I looked up at her as she stood next to my chair. “What is it?”

“Just come with me,” Kate smiled. “Sorry to steal her off you boys.”

“It’s fine,” Jaymi laughed.

I looked at Kate suspiciously. “Something is going on,” I said, looking at her and then Josh and Jaymi as they grinned at Kate.

“We’re just happy,” Josh lied. “Just go.”

Reluctantly, I stood up from my chair. Kate grabbed hold of my hand and pulled me onto the dance floor. “What’s going on?” I asked her as she stood next to me in the middle of the dance floor after turning me to face the stage.

“You had a surprise for me,” Kate smiled. “So I’ve got a surprise for you.”

I stood looking at her and back at the stage in confusion. “What surprise?”

“It wouldn’t be a surprise if I told you, would it?” she grinned.

Without any warning, the lights of the room dimmed and a spotlight shone on the stage. “Okay, this isn’t funny anymore,” I said. “What’s going on?”

I looked at Kate who grinned at me before rushing off to the side of the dance floor, leaving me alone. I stood looking at the stage, trying to work out what was actually going on but I had no idea what was going on. All of a sudden, I heard a guitar playing. I recognised the tune but I couldn’t put a song to the tune.

“It’s all about you,” George began to sing as all four of them walked through the stage curtains as George played the guitar.

“It’s all about you,” Josh, JJ and Jaymi chorused in the background as George continued to play the guitar, smiling at me the whole way through.

“It’s all about you baby,” George grinned to me. “It’s all about you.”

“It’s all about you,” Josh, JJ and Jaymi sang as they all stood either side of George and his guitar.

“It’s all about you,” George smiled, not taking his eyes off me.

“Yesterday you asked me something I thought you knew,” Josh sang. “So I told you with a smile, it’s all about you.”

“Then you whispered in my ear and you told me too,” JJ sang but I was too lost in George’s smile to even realise JJ had a solo.

“Said you made my life worthwhile, it’s all about you,” Josh joined in with JJ.

“And I would answer all your wishes if you asked me too but if you deny me one of your kisses, don’t know what I’d do,” George grinned. “So hold me close and say three words like you used to do, dancing on the kitchen tiles, it’s all about you.”

As George played the guitar instrumental, I looked over at Kate and Jonathan who was stood grinning to me from the side of the dance floor.

“And I would answer all your wishes if you asked me too, but if you deny me one of your kisses, don’t know what I’d do,” Josh, JJ and Jaymi sang as I turned my attention back to the stage.

“So hold me close and say three words like you used to do, dancing on the kitchen tiles,” Jaymi sang as a solo.

“Yes, you made my life worthwhile,” JJ smiled.

“So I told you with a smile,” Josh grinned, looking at George.

“It’s all about..” JJ sang.

“It’s all about you,” George grinned, still looking at me.

“It’s all about you baby,” they all sang together.

“It’s all about you,” Jaymi smiled.

“It’s all about..” Josh sang.

“You,” they sang together, extending the last note of ‘you’.

As everybody clapped, I stood looking up at them grinning - completely, and utterly, in love.