[14] sad werewolf hours

┌─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───┐
chapter fourteen!
SAD WEREWOLF HOURS
└─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───┘

( motel california, pt

( motel california, pt. ii)

+ trigger warning: multiple suicide attempts

∘₊✧──────✧₊∘

STILES PACES THE room restlessly as Allison recounts the strange encounter she'd had with Scott while she'd been in the shower earlier in the evening. Vera is half-listening to her friend talk, half trying not to bump into Stiles as she paces as well. Her anxiety makes her hyperactive nerves worse. She feels like she could sprint through the entire cross country meet tomorrow and not feel the least bit fatigued. However, right now, the safest place to be is in this room while the five teenagers strive to find an explanation for what's going on.

"He kept asking me if we were still friends and if I wanted to be more than that," Allison informs them. "Then he just... snapped out of it."

"Like Isaac," Vera mutters. "Ally, why didn't you say anything when I told you how weird he was acting?"

She shrugs. "I didn't make the connection at the time. The last time I saw Scott act like that was during the full moon."

"Yeah, I know," Stiles says, rubbing his chin with trembling fingers. "He was definitely a little off with me, too, but actually, it was Boyd who was really off. I watched him put his fist through the vending machine." He mimes the action and Dominic raises his eyebrows.

"See! It is the motel," Lydia exclaims. "Either we need to get the hell out of here right now, or" – she reaches into the bedside drawer and pulls a red-covered Bible out of it – "someone needs to learn how to do an exorcism ASAP before the werewolves go crazy and kill us."

"I don't think they're going to kill us," Dominic argues. "Like Allison said before, this place is infamous for suicides, not murders. We probably have to make sure they don't kill themselves."

"That still doesn't explain why the hell they're acting like this, though," Vera cuts in, nearly crashing into Stiles when they both start to walk in opposite directions. She allows him to steady her with a hand on her shoulder before they're both moving again. "Punching through a vending machine, barging in while your ex-girlfriend is showering, and telling your pack member to get out of your head aren't signs you're gonna off yourself."

"Okay, hold on," Stiles says. "What if it's not just the motel? The number in the office went up by three, right?"

"You mean like three sacrifices?" Allison questions.

Stiles stops in his tracks, flickering his gaze between all of the others with a grim expression on his pale face. "What if this time it's three werewolves?"