chapter 10: Dinner date

Its been a week since you met Undyne, the scary fish lady, and fell asleep while cuddling Papyrus. He was acting really weird the past week. Blushing all the time and stumbling over his words. You step out of the shower after training and dry off. You see the black velvet dress you had first admired sitting on the counter with some make up, a brush and some hair styling stuff. A note was there too.
'(Y/N),
Papyrus wants you all dolled up for the night. I used my magic to put everything in here for ya, so don't worry bout that. Get dressed and call for me, I'll help you get ready the rest of the way.
See ya in a bit, kitten. 
Sans'
You chuckle at the note before putting on underwear and the dress. You knock loudly on the wall that connects Sans' room and the bathroom and he teleports in.
"Damn doll face. That looks good on ya. Here, sit on the stool." He pushes one towards you. The two of you had become good friends the past week and a half. You sit in front of him and he blow dries your hair and starts to style it.
"So, what's happening tonight that I have to get dressed up?"
"Don't know. He just said for me to help ya and to leave the house for the night."
"That's weird." Sans curls your hair and pins it back. "Close your eyes." He sprays hairspray to keep it in place.
"Yeah but it could be worse. He wasn't pissy when saying it. He was in a good mood. Turn around and close your eyes, kitten." You listen to him and close your eyes and let him do your makeup. 
"Well it's weird. He's been weird lately."
"How so?"
"Not making eye contact, stuttering all the time, randomly staring at me, shit like that."
He hums and claps your shoulders. "It'll be fine. There we go, turn around and look." You open your eyes and he grins at you. You turn and look in the mirror. You turn back to Sans.
"How did you do that?" You look back to the mirror and touch your cheek. It didn't look like you.
"Just highlighted your natural beauty. Ya look lovely. Might have looked up some tutorials too… I gotta go. Paps is waiting for you down stairs." He teleports away and you put on a pair of black pumps with spikes and head down stairs. 
"Papyrus?" You ask as you go down stairs. The lights were dimmed and candles were all around. 
"I'M IN THE KITCHEN~" you hear him pur. Going in you see the table set for two and Papyrus pulling a lasagna out of the over. He's wearing black dress pants. A bright red button up shirt with the top two buttons undone. You see the top of his rib cage. You blush and look away. He puts the lasagna on the table. You hear him chuckling and look over to him. He blushes too. "YOU LOOK AMAZING~"
"I could say the same for you. What's all this?"
"AM I NOT ALLOWED TO SPEND THE EVENING WITH MY FAVOURITE HUMAN?" Frisk had fallen into the underground, Papyrus wasn't fond of them for some reason even though they were nice. You giggle sweetly. 
"I'm your favorite human?"
"OF COURSE!"
"Since when?" You ask teasingly. 
"SINCE THAT FIRST TIME YOU FLIPPED SANS OFF." He pulls out a chair and motions for you to sit. You do and he pushes your chair in.
"That feels like ages ago. It was only a couple weeks ago though." You both laugh as he serves you each a piece of lasagna. 
For the next hour you two talk and laugh. You go into the livingroom and he puts on some music.
"MAY I HAVE THIS DANCE?" He holds out a hand to you and you take it with a curtsy.
"With pleasure my good sir." He pulls you toward him and you dance to the song. Then to another. Then to another. A fourth song starts and Papyrus starts to get anxious. "What's wrong?"
"A-ah, nothing…" he says quietly. You let him go and step back.
"You aren't being honest. Tell me what's going on." You say seriously. He sighs and hugs you.
"I'll tell if you promise not to be mad…"
"I'd never be mad." He pulls back slightly and looks into your eyes. Suddenly he leans forward and kisses you. You were shocked and didn't know how to respond. He pulls away and goes to back away.
"S-sorry.…. I didn't mean….." he lets you go and start to rush up to his room but you grab his arm. Over the past week you've gotten strong, too strong for a normal human. You pull him closer to you. He looks over startled at you and you kiss him right on the teeth. He kisses back immediately. After a moment you pull away.
"I was shocked. I didn't think you'd like me that way." He looks away but you move his head back so he looks you dead in the eyes. "But it's a good thing you do because I love you." He blushes deeply and smiles at you before picking you up and spinning you around. 
"I'M GLAD. YOU'RE MY PRINCESS AND I'LL ALWAYS TREAT YOU AS SUCH."
"You're my king. I'll never leave you. I love you Papyrus."
"I LOVE YOU TOO (Y/N)"