chapter 11: Strength

You spend more time with Papyrus after that day. Day after day you train with and help him with his patrols. You'd lost the excess weight you had relatively quickly. It's been a month since his fight with Undyne so he was very much on edge saying that she would be healed by now and planning to come after you. Your soul and body were getting stronger and your magic was starting to show itself. At first it was just random blasts when training. Healing or doing some damage. But weren't humans unable to use magic? You know Frisk couldn't use any. They had gotten really close to Sans, close enough that he let them sleep in his room. Monsters were scared of you now too. You fought many of the royal guards in the area leaving just enough HP that they wouldn't dust. You wouldn't kill anyone but you learned how to act like you would. But once at home you'd let that act go. You'd laugh with the brothers and Frisk. Papyrus barely let you out of his sight. One day it was his day off and you both were in your room, him sitting on your bed and you looking at the beautiful crystals.
"(Y/N), I WAS WONDERING SOMETHING."
"Hm?" You look over at him. You had a blue geode in your hands. 
"YOU MENTIONED YOUR MOTHER BEFORE. CAN I ASK YOU ABOUT HER?"
You look over at him shocked. You walk over and sit on his lap. "What would you like to know?" He wraps his arms around you and you lean your head on his chest. 
"WHAT WAS SHE LIKE?"
You chuckle softly. "She was nice. Always looking on the bright side. She was always helping others. Once she told me this story that was passed down throughout the generations of our family." You let your soul float around the room. The white dot had gotten bigger.
"WHAT'S THAT STORY?"
You smile and trace designs on his bones while he does the same with your back. "This is a story from long before monsters were sealed underground. My super great grandmother was going home from visiting her sister in the next town. Her carriage was attacked by bandits and just as she was going to be killed a mysterious figure showed up. He was mostly humanoid and had huge ears on the top of the head and nine bushy tails. His hair was midnight black and skin was tanned. He saved her and she was terrified when he turned towards her. His fangs glinted in the dusk light and golden eyes looking her over. He stared at her in confusion and said 'fair maiden, there is no need to be scared of me. I just saved your life, did I not?' She was very confused by this." You look up at Papyrus and he was hanging off your every word. "Her reply was 'but you are a monster. You will try to steal my soul.' After talking for a little while she realized that he wasn't as bad as the other humans made him out to be." You grin at him and he smiled back at you. "That night he didn't steal her soul but he stole her heart. She let her ravish her right in that carriage then slept there and continued home in the morning. He was gone before she woke up. A month later she found out that she was pregnant with his child and many, many generations later here I am."
Papyrus hums in thought. "WHAT AN INTERESTING STORY." Your soul flutters towards the two of you.
"I know it is. Would you like to know anything else?"
"WOULD YOU TELL ME HOW SHE DIED?"
Your breath catches in your throat. You nod and hug him tightly. "She was murdered….. that day she had an old friend from when she was in school over to the house….. he was tall and handsome….. she said that they were really close at one point……" you take a shaky breath and Papyrus hugs you tightly. "We were all in the living room and suddenly he got all serious….. asking about the story…… asking if there was any truth to it….. mom denied it saying that it was just a story…… he didn't believe her though….. then he ran at me with…… with a knife……. he was going to hurt me but mom got in front of me…. she saved me and as she died….. she told me to run….. run up the mountain…… to find the monsters underneath……… that they could save me……." you're shaking by the end and Papyrus holds you close to him.
"ITS OKAY.  I'M SORRY I MADE YOU RELIVE THAT…" you were crying hard and sobbing now and a knock was at your door. "WHAT IS IT?"
"Boss, is everything okay?" The door opens and you see a smudge of red and black in the corner of your vision. You hide your face against his shoulder. 
"SANS, THIS ISN'T A GOOD TIME…"
"She's my friend too boss. What's going on?"
"JUST A BAD MEMORY. IT'S NOTHING TO WORRY ABOUT." You feel the bed shift as Sans sits at the foot and your bed. You push off of Papyrus and launch yourself at Sans to hug him. He shifts but hugs you back.
"Hey kitten. You okay?" You whimper slightly. "Hey, let me up for a moment. I'm gonna do somethin'." You float to Papyrus and whimper. He hugs you as Sans gets up and walks to the desk. He opened the box and a rainbow of colours go around you. Sans teleports to your side and hugs you. Suddenly Frisk is hugging you from the other. You start to calm down and drift to sleep. You hear Papyrus say something. 
"You're much stronger than you think."