Chapter 4: "Repeat After Me"

*Back to present day*
-"Aish, sorry Y/N. He's just a child" she reassured, nudging him. "Sorry" He solemnly let out. I simply eyed him and went on my way. Once in my house, I checked my phone: 25 messages and 15 missed calls from "Eomma 😒." "FUCK!" I screamed internally panicking, she's going to kill me. I was 30 minutes late to... what? I don't know exactly, she just told me to meet her at our usual...multimillion dollar, 5 star Michelin, only visited when she's trying to set me up with yet another rich man... restaurant.

-According to my dear mama, "A whore's money, is not actually money." But marrying a rich man, who dines on cash for dinner is. DAMN, I really want to know what she up to, but Kim Yoorin as always is unpredictable. I put all thoughts aside and hopped in the shower, washing the impurities from last night away from my body. When done with my daily ritual of getting ready in the morning, I put on a casual, yet simple, blue cinched dress. Accentuating all that needed to be accentuated, putting a white blazer on my shoulder to top it off.

-I pulled my hair back, into a side parted slick ponytail, spending an additional 20 minutes trying to pick out matching jewelry —that's what happens when you have an excess—and she says I need man

-I pulled my hair back, into a side parted slick ponytail, spending an additional 20 minutes trying to pick out matching jewelry —that's what happens when you have an excess—and she says I need man. Please. At the end of my brain wracking search for jewelry, I ended up picking out a diamond encrusted set of earrings, a necklace, and rings. Now that the real chore was done, I moved onto makeup. Adorning my face with all sorts of designer goods, I puckered my well glossed lips while looking in the mirror. In total, I had spent an good hour and fifteen minutes readying myself, and was now and hour and 45 minutes late. The worst part was that I wasn't even on my way, my phone dinged and dinged and I ignored. I had no idea who I was meeting today but I know I had to look good... I mean I always look good, but you know for "good impression" purposes.

-Putting on a simple pair of white stilletos, I raced out of my house and into my new car.
*Another 20 minutes later*
I pulled up to the restaurant, the sign reading in elegant cursive "La Belle Fontaine." Stepping out of the car I was greeted a familiar smell of food, and the tip tap of my angry mother's shoes. I bowed respectfully, let my head come to her chest, she patted my head calmly. "You're lucky we have guests here." She uttered, anger ever so present in her face. I took note of that and fear took ahold of my gaze, I know what she could be like when she got this mad. "I see you're still whoring around" She said eyeing my car, I wanted to snap back but then I what I saw shocked me. Mr and Mrs. Park, seated at a table in the restaurant looking right at me.

-"What are they doing here?" I thought to myself, to divert their attention from us I waved. Eomma waved too, and they quickly went back to their chat. My gaze went back down to my mom, admiring her somehow ageless face. I wondered why exactly my dad left her, to me she's still as beautiful as ever; poised, well mannered, well dressed, a hair never out of place. Pulling me out of my trance, she pulls on the bust of my dress. "You look low class...tsk...tsk...we can't have that." She said wiping the red off my lips.
"I have another dress for you. Change." She said abruptly. Solemn and defeated I nodded my headed, a smile appearing on her face immediately after. "Good Girl. Now repeat after me..." her eyes bore into mine, expecting me to know what to say. "Mother knows best" we both said in unison, a tear rolled down my cheek, a godforsaken smile plastered on my face.

-"Tan, get the dress" my mother snapped at her driver. Quickly, he broke his stance and traveled to the car returning with a modernized hanbok hanging on his forearm. Taking the fabric I bowed at my mom once mom and took my leave. I snuck into the restaurant avoiding the Park's and heading for the bathroom. I changed into the hanbok, and admired it in the mirror; the jegori (the top piece) was a lavender color with gold embezzlements, the chima (skirt) stopped right below my knee and was a white lace material. Looking at my reflection, I realized I had succumbed to my mother once more. I balled my hands up into fist and hit the sink repeatedly frustrated at the fact. I don't want to lose...and I won't...not to her. Defiance filled my body and I took off the hanbok, putting my original dress back on.

-I gave myself a small pep talk before I exited the bathroom, knowing what my mom could do when she sees me. I sashayed my way to the dinner table only to meet my mom already seated. I avoided her eyes and bowed to Mr. and Mrs. Park. "Annyeonghaseyo!" I greeted, and was soon met by the warm embrace of both. "I hope you don't mind we ordered for you." Mrs. park announced.
"Not at all! Thank you!" I replied. Conversation erupted between the Parks and I, allowing me to forget about my raging mother. Until... she leaned over to my ear with a smile on her face. "Where's the dress?" She asked and I ignored still talking to Mrs. Park. Like a cat, she dug her claws into my thigh and squeezed. My body jerked and I my knee hit the table. "You okay dear?" Mr. Park wondered. "Mhmm... yes I'm great, it's just the...air...it's cold." I lied.

-"Would you like my jacket?" He asked. "I'm fine." I lied straight through my teeth, my mom still squeezing my thigh, the Park's suspected nothing. Once again she brought her face to mine, "Disobedient girls never win Y/N" she whispered. I trembled in my seat, but my defiance would not stop with me putting on the dress. "I already did. And. I. Will. Keep. Winning." I whispered back grabbing her hands, and holding them up to my face kissing them. The Park's swallowed up the show of affection and let out small sighs. "I wish Joonie would do that." Mrs. Park cried, and I chuckled looking down at my thigh marked by my mom's sharp nails. Minutes passed and we were still without food, I groaned wondering who we were waiting for.

-Suddenly a pair of hands grasped my shoulders, and Seojoon's face dropped in front of mine. "JOON!" I jumped up hugging him,
"WHAT ARE YOU DOING HERE?? SO GOOD TO SEE YOU!" I greeted, he shrugged. He's eyes quickly took note of the crescent shaped marks on my leg, I pulled the dress down. His eyes dimmed already aware of who it came from, he turned to my mom and greeted "Annyeonghaseyo." She waved in response, and looked back at the empty space she was staring at, annoyance painting her face. His eyes communicated with me, he looked to my dress and I nodded. I thought he would be disappointed but his face screamed "GO AHEAD GIRL, DEFY YOUR MOTHER." Joon was the only one who knew my mother was not as she seemed, he might not know all but he can sense it. He kissed his parents and sat across from me.

-Immediately our food came and we dined like kings, conversing, laughing, reminiscing. Until Mr. Park stood up clinking his glass to call our attention. My mom stood up pulling me by the hands to follow her lead. "Park Y/N, I'm sure you're wondering why you're here today." He said, "You've always been such a curious girl." He stopped and all at the table chuckled, except me.
"You are a very beautiful young lady, and ripe for marriage too. Ever since I met you, I knew you would be perfect for Joon." Mr. Park beamed, while Joon's eyes searched the floor with unamusement. "SHIT!" I thought to myself while Mr. Park spoke in the background. "So this is what she had planned this whole time, I should've known when I saw Mr. and Mrs. Park earlier." I internally screamed.

-"On behalf of the missus and I, I would like to welcome you to our family." He nudged Joon, who quickly got down on one knee and pulled out a box. Waiters surrounded us, poppinf champagne bottles, soon all eyes in the restaurant were on us: hailing and cheering me on. "SAY YES!" A woman yelled. "IF YOU DON'T WANT HIM I'LL TAKE HIM!" Another yelled. Tears ran down my face, feeling the pressure. I loved Joon, but I was not in love with him and neither was he. Did my mom promise me...to my best friend? I stood unable to move, my mom nudged me, her teeth clenched. "Y/N SAY. YES." She gritted her teeth, Mr. and Mrs. Park waited patiently. "No."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Hey ARMY 🧚‍♂️💫! Remember, please don't hesitate to ask me any question if you're confused or don't understand anything. The comments make my day, and all feedback is appreciated. Thank you to those who read my book, and sorry for the long break from
updating, I was sick 💫💫🌸🧚‍♂️
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Vote, Comment, Share and most importantly Enjoy ❤️