Mr and Mrs Jones

A/ N: the story takes place during the curse but there will be flashbacks
italics= thoughts
italics bold= enchanted forest flashbacks
Now let's start. This chapter is in 3rd person for the most of it

The early morning sun shined through the bedroom window of the Jones household, waking Gwen up nearly instantly. She opened her eyes and was nearly blinded by the light.

She sat up and looked at the empty left side of the bed, Killian must have got up early.  Throughout their marriage she had learned to deal with the fact he wasn't one to stay in bed for long. Although their marriage was a bit of a haze, she knew they got married young and knew she was the happiest girl on earth. But couldn't remember the exact year, not that she put too much thought into it.

The breeze blew softly onto Amphitrite Jewel, the ship belonging to James Locke, or Captain Locke. He was not your average pirate, he kept his family very close; his wife Alina, his son Charlie and daughter Gwen all lived the life of pirates with him. Sure, it was dangerous but it wasn't so bad because he wasn't alone.

"Ship ahead!" The teenage girl yelled as she put her telescope down. Her father rushed onto deck, he didn't want an ambush especially with his pregnant wife below deck.

The two ships came closer to each other, close enough for James to see the Captain. The first thing he noticed was the Hook replacing one of his hands and his eyes matched the sea their ships sailed on. Charlie made his way to stand next to his father and twin sister.

"Captain Locke! The man and the myth" the captain heckled. James stepped forward and looked the pirate in the eye.
"You haven't aged a day Killian"

Working on Sundays was Killians least favourite thing, normally Graham wouldn't even think about calling him in but after a robbery he had no choice. Sunday was the only day Gwen and Killian had together, she worked every weekday and he only had Monday and Sunday off work. He knew Gwen would understand, she always did or at least she always tried to.

"What happened?" He asked as he approached the Sherif who was clearly in a state of confusion. He turned his head to look at his Deputy and friend, he signed a placed his hand on his forehead.
"I don't know, the alarm didn't go off and nothing of real value was stolen, just a book."

"What was the book?" Killian asked as he stepped inside the house. It wasn't messy, unlike any other robbery he had seen. Graham was close behind him.

Gwen's POV

Breakfast alone sucks! I can't believe Killian had to work today and he didn't even tell me. That man will be the death of me I swear. The front door opens and just guessing by the time, it's Ruby.

"Hey! Where's Killian?" She asked as she entered the kitchen. I put my plate in the sink and leaned against the counter.
"Work, where else would he be?" I scoff, he promised me he would stay home. Ruby climbs onto the counter and sits on it, completely ignoring the fact there is a table and chairs right in front of her.
"Still no luck?" She asks, I sigh and shake my head no. I tell Ruby pretty much everything, it drives Killian crazy sometimes but she is my best friend and if I can't tell her stuff then who can I tell?

Hook smirked at James, an old friend, an old crew member and now look at him. Stuck with his family while sailing the seas, he was barely a pirate in Hooks eyes.
"Dad, whose he?" Charlie asks, he stood in front of his sister to protect her in case Hook tried to do anything. James looked at his son and sighed, his history with Hook was a long one and he never wanted to revisit it.

"This is Captain Hook, my old Captain from when I was a lad." James explained softly, it confused both of the children since their father was obviously older looking then Hook. Gwen raised an eyebrow and walked towards her father, she kept her eyes on Hook.
"What do you want?" She asked and their eyes met. A smirk grew on his face and he stepped closer the the edge of his ship. Their faces were close now, she could see all his facial features like the scar on his cheek, probably from a duel.

"I'm glad you asked. My ships getting rather dirty and I need a maid. What I want is you." His words cut James like a knife, he couldn't give up his daughter. He glared at Hook and gently pulled Gwen behind him.
"Over my dead body." He snarled, Hooks smirk grew and a wave of fear crashed over the Locke children. Charlie put a protective arm around his sister. Gwen looked at her brother and saw the fear in his eyes, she gripped his arm tightly and kept her gaze on Hook and her father.

"That can be arranged."