I'm Cold

Frozen thumbs and cigarette butts. I'm cold. 2 am. Can't sleep. I'm cold. Frozen thoughts and empty words. I'm cold. Am I losing my touch? Late nights and no sleep. Am I losing my self again? I'm scared. Lost loves and forgotten memories. What do you do when you feel like you can never get a part of who you are back? How do I do this? I don't know. I wanna be alone. Alone with you. Where do I go to find you? I don't know. I search the forests in my mind for a sign of you. I can't find you. I call your name. There's no answer. I want to get back to us. Back to our memories but how do I do that when you've disappeared from my present? You taught me so much. How do I thank you? I can't think. I can't breathe. I can't ever know you like I did. You can't know me as I am. Why is it worth it? I'm losing my reasons. I can't think. I can't breathe. How is it worth it? I want to escape this and forget you but how can I when you're who I think about when the sun sleeps? Why do you hold me as your hostage? Our memories your ransom. I want to find you. Where are you? I can't find you. I'll walk the streets on a cold lonely night in hopes of finding where you dwell. I will search but I'll never find you, will I? We're both older and too much time has past. I've lost you haven't I? I will forever long for a place where I still get to call you friend. Is there one? I don't know. Maybe somewhere out there behind the stars. Hidden behind a blanket of fire. I'll never find you will I? I'm cold and it's 2 am. Frozen thumbs and empty thought. A lost love and untraceable memories within the moonlight.