1| enter georgia

"james"

he looked up, obviously not hearing her footsteps over the sound of his sobs.

"what's wrong sweetheart?" again, she mentally face palmed. she was accustomed to using pet names and forgot that some people didn't like being called sweetheart by people they don't know.

a heart wrenching cry escaped the usually cheery boy's lips and it broke her heart.
no time to overthink. he needs comfort and if i have to be the one to provide it then so be it

the hufflepuff wrapped the boy in her arms. the gesture startled the gryffindor for a while but she just hugged him tighter. he just sat the in her arms and let out all the tears.

georgia rubbed his back soothingly as his sobs kept coming. it was honestly heart breaking to see the mischievous boy weep.

when his crying died down a little she began to release her hold on the boy and instead sat beside him.

he looked at her with a hint of a smile on his face. "thank you, but you didn't have to do that."

"of course i did. everyone needs someone to be there for them during their hard times," she said softly as she wiped away a stray tear from his tear stained cheeks. "i'll be here whenever you need me."
"do you really mean that?" his voice was low and quiet and barely above a whisper.
"anytime you need me i'll be there to comfort you. i promise."

james smiled at her. "thanks..." he trailed off, not knowing her name and looked at her with questioning eyes

"georgia, georgia rose."