WHAT IF | GAURI FELT INSECRE

WHAT IF | GAURI FELT INSECURE

It's been two days since Omkara watch Gauri being lost. The reason he very well knew. He shouldn't have approached her and Bhavya with Rudra's absurd ideas to get his elder brother Shivay to consummate his marriage. "This is wrong for us to interfere with their personal matters. You of all people should know that Omkaraji. I hope you understand what I mean." with that said Gauri walked away from them.

Bhavya convinced with Gauri's reasoning tried to have a talk with Rudra to make him understand what she meant. Bhavya took Rudra with her with an I-need-to-talk-to-you-about-something.

Omkara was surprised with the turn of events not that he wasn't happy to plan something which will help his elder brother have a blissful married life.

He noticed Gauri being silent the whole time Rudra was talking about the mission Shivay and Anika get together. Omkara didn't understand what made her so retarded, he tried talking to her but she wouldn't budge.

The very same day at night while Gauri was preparing for bed Omkara was lying on bed tired of continuous working on the new art pieces, which were to be exhibited on an exhibition the following month.

He watched her for some time and tried to talk to her again "Gauri what happened" he asked her not understanding what she meant by 'you of all people should know that' but she brushed it off with a 'nothing worth bothering'. He knew something was bothering her, he tried to force it out of her, the more he adamant he got the less her words became.

The moment Gauri laid in the bed he turned his back to her and not more than a minute passed he got up and left to his home studio with the thought of getting some work done. The moment he stepped in his studio he realised, no wonder why she didn't reply him. He was kind of rude to her since after the conversation in the morning.

"What was all that about Gauri?"  he asked her when she was arranging their cupboard as if accusing her of something but she only replied "Omkaraji I need some time before we have that conversation, please try to understand."  He took steps towards his studio clearly pissed off of her reply.

In the wee hours of morning he came back to his room, watched his sleeping wife. She didn't move an inch from where he saw her last night. On a closer examine he found dried tear marks on her reddened cheeks. Gauri on the other hand didn't had a peaceful slumber. She had difficulty in sleeping with the lack of embrace she was habituated to and the dreams of the devils in her past wouldn't leave her have a peaceful slumber. With Omkara walking away from their room into his studio she felt her insecurities grow their roots, she had to cry herself to sleep for the night.

Omkara hugged her, he wanted to watch her sleeping in his arms peacefully but the frown on her face interrupted his wish. He ran his fingers on her eyebrows to ease the frown. With a quick peck on her temple he slowly fell asleep. Before he lost his conscious he felt her hands around his torso getting tightened. He didn't have the energy to open his eyes and gaze his wife, with his heart full of satisfaction he was fast asleep.

Morning came early but he didn't get up until afternoon. He wondered why his wife didn't wake him up and let him sleep till it's noon, to counter those thoughts he also thought she might have known the time he fell asleep. He reached downstairs after freshening up into the living area.

Once everyone present settled in their seats Rudra's excitement brought him out of his thoughts of analyzing his wife's behavior, "O you missed breakfast today but also an exciting news" Omkara only nodded his head in reply to continue what Rudra stopped. "Shivay bhayya and Anika bhabhi are going on a one month honeymoon, they are calling it the one month vacation but we know right! " Rudra left a wink as punctuation to his statement.