𝒄𝒉𝒂𝒑𝒕𝒆𝒓 𝒔𝒆𝒗𝒆𝒏 - 𝒌𝒏𝒐𝒄𝒌 𝒐𝒇𝒇

YOUR POV

YOUR POV

The room is dead silent except for the sound of frantically scribbling pencils. Every once in a while the sound of a confused student sighing can be heard. Dina told me that Mr. File is known for his hard tests, but I wasn't expecting them to be this hard. I tap my pencil against the desk as I search my mind for the answer to this seemingly impossible question. As soon as I'm about to have my a-ha moment, Mr. File's monotone voice causes my train of thought to crash and burn. He begins to scold Dina and Brad for cheating on the test and gives them detention without letting them explain themselves. Last night Dina stayed up late on FaceTime helping me study and now she is getting her score invalidated. It's beyond unfair how Brad treats her, a wave of guilt washes over me as I make eye contact with Dina's puppy eyes.

Syd's voice breaks through the tense silence and she starts to yell at Mr. File for how unjustly he is treating Dina . Go off, Syd! Unfortunately, the facts she is bringing up just fall dead at Mr. File's already decided mind. Now Syd will be joining the toxic lovers in detention.

"Would anyone else like detention too?" Mr. File yells to the class, obviously expecting silence, but what follows is even better.

Stanley Barber stands up from his seat and with a gust of courage flings all his papers off his desk. Mr. File rolls his eyes and Stan sees that this wasn't effective enough.

"M-Motherfucker," Stan stutters.

"Okay, fine. Detention for you too, Mr. Barber," Mr. file responds and grabs at his nose bridge.

Stan sits back down with a straight face. He turns his head to Syd and throws up a thumbs up. I stifle a laugh and Syd rolls her eyes at how careless he was being.

"Surely no one else wants to join these model students in detention," Mr. File proclaims.

I sit still in my seat for a moment before reaching into my bag and pulling out Stan's lighter he gave me as keepsake from our first time smoking together. Fuck it. Without hesitation I flick the lighter to reveal a bright orange flame and hold it up to the edge of this atrocity of a test. The paper is engulfed in flames, I look up at Mr. File, his eyes are wide.

"What the f-," He yells and grabs the part of the paper that isn't burning and dumps a kids water bottle all over it.

"Miss. L/n, what were you thinking? You're getting detention for a while, young lady!" He says frantically.

"What? I was gonna fail anyways," I shrug and grab my bag, heading out the door before I cause any more trouble

As I'm leaving I hear Stan say, "badass", and I smirk to myself.

______

"Jesus, Y/n, what were you thinking?" Syd appears on my left side.

"That was the coolest thing I've ever seen, you're my hero!" Dina appears on my right side.

"I wasn't gonna let my best friends have all the fun in detention without me!" I swing my arms around their shoulders and drag them down the hall to the gym where detention was being held.

We enter the gym doors and see Stan, Brad, and some dark haired girl already sitting on the bleachers. The principal explains to us all that as punishment we have to make sure the gym is spotless by the time he returns. He exits the gym and leaves us all in frustrated silence. Stan leans forward to whisper something in Syd's ear, but she brushes him off. I wonder what happened when I left them alone at the bowling alley.

"I have an idea, let's play Fuck, Marry, Kill!" The edgy looking brunette speaks up.

I whisper into Dina's ear, "who is she?"

"Jenny. She was in rehab for a while," Dina tells me.

Jenny targets Syd and makes her play her stupid game. I huff and throw my head back. Jenny's attention turns to me.

"Hey, (h/c) haired girl, Fuck, Mar-" she starts.

"No, no, don't even start with me, Hot Topic," I'm too tired to deal with her shit.

Stan lets out a small laugh and Dina tries to cover her smile. Brad and Syd look like they couldn't care less about anything going on right now.

"Okay, I know none of us want to be here, but if we all work on this we can get it done sooner!" Dina stands up and tries to encourage us.

She's right, I stand up next to her and smile. Everyone else does not look as eager as us two.

"Yeah, Babe," Brad finally stands up and joins us in scraping the gum off the bottom of the bleachers.

Syd huffs loudly and storms out of the gym, she's probably upset about what Jenny said. Or maybe she's upset at Stan. Maybe Brad? She's always upset.

After a while we all get bored of working and start to do whatever to pass the time. Dina and Brad are shamelessly flirting and giggling, Jenny's is doing whatever I don't really care, and Stan is playing around with a rubik's cube. Half of Syd's body appear at the entrance of the door and she's frantically calling for Stan. I look down at him from my seat at the top of the bleachers. He looks annoyed at her, but he eventually gets up and follows her. He always follows her, like a puppy. I roll my eyes, this is going to be a long detention.

a/n
asdfghjkk ahhh thank you for #1 on stanley barber !! i couldn't do it without you guys love you !! sorry this is short but the episode i'm basing this chapter off is very detailed so i will have to break up this episode into a few chapters to fit all of it in haha ! a longer part will be coming soon :)
—kendall.