Love Is Not Over

An.

Long time no see. This is my first one (long) shot and I hope you enjoy, please be sure to read any possibly triggering tags.

🏷 :

TRIGGER WARNING: on occasions throughout the fic Jimin copes with loneliness and being wanted through sex that might seem harsh to some readers

TRIGGER WARNING: on occasions throughout the fic Jimin copes with loneliness and being wanted through sex that might seem harsh to some readers. At any given moment I want everyone to understand he could stop the engagement if he wanted to. I describe why he never does every single time.

JK here does have a volatile, anger problem that he is aware of and Jimin becomes aware of. He has abusive tendencies and a bit of an authority complex.

Links:

Padlet:  https://padlet.com/snatchim/LoveIsNotOver

Playlist:  https://open.spotify.com/playlist/59oONFjYZPOhwCPEF8KHvg?si=uyURFqD9S7K9VHC4MOYYtA

The medical tent is hot, crowded, and busy, nurses sweltering and overwhelmed as they move from patient to patient. Jimin watches anxiously, not use to being around so many people since his squad.

It's been months since Jimin has had a full squad, most of them having died in action, and nobody he sees here familiar. The realization makes his skin crawl and his heart stutter, the sound of pained agony and groaning not helping.

Jimin watches intently as his nurse makes her way back over to him. She's young — way too young to really know what she's doing— but that's expected. At times like this, they need anyone willing to bare the hardships of death and trauma.

Luckily for her, Jimin offers her neither. He's made it to his last base in one piece this time, only having maintained a few scratches and bruising during his last trip.

She's already patched him up, a bandage on the side of his forehead and one on his rib — both having needed stitches. She's now returning the documents needed to finally discharge him, her smile sweet and coy in a way that makes Jimin heedful.

"Here you are," she grins shyly, holding out the manila folder with slender hands.

By now Jimin is aware of the way her gaze lingers on him although he is squalid and disheveled. He wonders why? Other than his built physique what about a man coming home from the anguish of war is appealing to her?

He doesn't ask, her ring finger bare and eyes hopeful in a way that nearly begs for his attention. Jimin understands that the world during this time is not nice without a husband. Nonetheless, he'll never be the one she needs so he ignores her silent pleas and bows his head softly.

"Thank you," he says, trying for a smile that feels more like a grimace.

She swallows tightly, her hands clamped together as she bows in return before heading to the next patient.