Chapter 2: Hospital

Ring Ring! sounded the hospital telephone. Mari picked up the phone. Anthony screamed " 911! My boyfriend has jumped off a cliff! I need a helicopter to come and get him!" Mari responded " Anthony? I'll get a helicopter stat. What is your location? " Anthony screamed quickly "uh... Lovers Bluff!" Mari said "ok. be right there." Today was Mari's first day on the job. She mostly just answered phone calls and was supposed to fill in for absent nurses. This was the most exciting thing that happened today besides completing Omega Ruby and nailing one of her coworkers right on the back of his head with a spitball during lunch break. Minutes later a helicopter arrived followed by Anthony's car. Anthony looked in horror at all the wounds Ian bared. Ian was knocked out cold on the stretcher. Mari was equally as shocked "What the hell happened?!" she screamed. "Remember?! I took Ian out on a date ,though he didn't know it was. But anyways, I said something stupid, and then we got into a big fight. That sh*t we yelled at each other combined with him and Melanie's breakup I think he wanted to commit suicide. He jumped off the very cliff where I planned to have our first kiss." Anthony teared up as he pulled out a drawing of the cliff with Ian and Anthony kissing Ian on the edge. Mari called the whole crew to tell them what happened. When everybody arrived they all stood around Ian's bed waiting for a sign of life. Then Ian lifted a single eyelid ever so slightly. "Anthony?" whispered Ian.