Chapter 7

The next day was Saturday and Draco had the whole day to spend with the now six year old boy due to not having any classes. They spent the whole day just messing around -though Draco would never admit to this- and just having fun, Ran being there the whole time, content with seeing Harry happy. Harry for his part spent a good part of his day eating blood lollys and doing whatever he deemed fun which a big majority of it was playing with Ran. When Harry tuckered himself out Draco made sure to pay a visit to Poppy. He had a lot of questions in need of answering and at the moment Poppy was the only one available to force answers out of. He tucked Harry into his own bed in hopes of warding the boy from nightmares. From what little Draco knew of kitsune, He knew that they had sensitive senses and that the scent of the mate can calm down the fox and keep him calm and happy. He cast a few spells on the room so that if Harry had awoken, had night tremors, or was anxious while he was gone the spell would inform him immediately.

Spent from the long day of practically being Harry's slave, Draco slowly made his way to the infirmary. When he arrived there were several students laying in the cots and sitting with some sort of problem that Draco couldn't care less about. He had his own problems that he had to tend to and it had nothing to do with a simple headache or a sprained ankle. That could be easily fixed with magic, his problem couldn't.

When Draco found Poppy, he rushed over to her, practically knocking another student out in his rush.

"Pomfrey!" Draco started. "When you have a moment, can we talk together in a more…" He looked at all the students watching them curiously. "private environment?" Poppy seemed to understand, she gave a quick nod before rushing through the students and hurrying them out. She pulled him into her office and performed several spells so that no one and I mean no one, could enter, listen, or gather information otherwise.

"Now, what is the problem with our young Harry." Poppy ask in a concerned manner.

"Yesterday, I gave Harry the potion Professor Snape brewed and he aged just fine, but he had a horrible nightmare. I didn't press him for details, so I was hoping you would know a bit about it." Draco had a hopeful look in his eyes.

"I do believe that it was a memory, a particularly bad one. Did he say anything in his sleep?"

"No, he just did a lot of whimpering… wait, now that I think about it… yeah, he did. He said something along the lines of 'No, stop… it hurts.'"

Madam Pomfrey took a few minutes to think before replying. "It is possible that it was of past abuse from his relatives. For it to be as vivid as it was, it was probably one of the worst cases of it. And seeing as he was five turning six, it happened around that age or even sooner depending on if it happened when he was three to six." Draco listened as his rage built up. The more he listened, the more he felt murderous intent for the boy's relatives. "As Harry gets older, be sure to watch him for any dangerous emotions. If you find any, come straight to me or Severus."