Chapter 13

Draco watched in sorrow as Harry took in shallow breaths. When he was told what had happened to him, he became enraged. It took a man and a boy to hold down the beast that he had become. After he had calmed some, he refused to leave Harry's side, not even for a cot to sleep on. Sleep was the last of his worries. Harry was all that mattered at the moment. He just sat there, staring at Harry as his face became blank, thinking back to when Poppy had healed him.

-Flashback-

Poppy rushed in expecting the worse. She quickly took out her wand and ran a diagnosis spell.

"Well, he has a fractured skull and clavicle, a broken nose, and a concussion. Thankfully this is all easy to heal. Thank god Ran got there when he did." She looked down at Ran before turning back to Harry. She gave him the necessary potion and preformed the spells that would set him right once more. Ran watched on from where he lay, at the end of Harry's cot. Draco looked away, not being able to bear seeing his mate in pain, and tightened his grip on Harry's hand.

-End-

To see him in such pain was like being in pain himself.

As he was staring blankly at the wall for a few moments, there was a ruckus outside. Snapping out of his daze, Draco reluctantly let go of Harry,s hand and walked to the end of his cot, wand at hand. It became silent for a few seconds. Draco wondered if the person or thing that was at the cause of the noise had decided to go away. At the end of his naïve thought, the infirmary door slammed open, awaking the residents, namely Harry.

Harry awoke with a start, unaware of what was going on. He groggily rubbed his eyes before letting out a cat-like yawn. Glancing around the dark room, he spotted Drake immediately. Jumping up from where he was seated, he proceeded to jump on his back with glee… that was… until he saw the other occupants of in the room.

~.~.~.~.~

Draco couldn't see anything in the room, so when someone jumped on his back, he was quite startled. Feeling furry appendages on his face, he quickly relaxed before remembering the matter at hand. Draco tensed back up, ready for what ever was in the room.

The light suddenly flicked back on and the lights blinded everybody for a minute. Draco's eyes quickly adjusted to the light, so he got the advantage of being the first aware of what was happening. There standing in the door way, were his three least favorite people.