BTS-map of the soul : 7

little note!
the kings are back! and your queen right here is ready to give her opinion. yes i know this album is not that recent but still i really wanted to give my opinion on it. (future lele here, i lowkey gave up on the "recent comeback" thing) lets immediately dive in! we have a lot to go through 20 tracks just wow (SM take notes).
lEtS gEt iT
<3

1.intro:persona
grade: 6.0/10
look, its not a bad song its just that it tires me out so much. let me explain, the hook is REALLY catchy and makes me super excited for some reason. but before the hook hits there is like 2 minutes of verse that just doesn't really do it for me. they should've added the hook part in the middle too, and not just in the end. like it feels like the verse is 20 minutes long or something and that pisses me off a bit. i do like the instrumental a lot, that + the hook is what makes it listenable.
final thoughts: could have been so much better if there wasn't so much verse.

2.boy with luv (feat.halsey)
grade: 6.3/10
one of their weakest title tracks. the verses aren't that bad. yoongi's rap is what holds the song together tbh. even though the song is nothing special i HATE how catchy it is. like after one listen my brain automatically oh my my my's the whole day. the catchiness is what makes this song less bad. on another note, halsey. why the fuck is she there. like no just no. as i said earlier i have nothing against anyone personally but she brings literally NOTHING to this song. like who thought it was a good idea to add her.
final thoughts: pretty weak song, very catchy tho. remove halsey and it would be a 6.5.

3.make it right
grade: 8.2/10
yes yes yes YESSSS. this song is so cute oh my god. i love that trumpet kind of sound in the chorus and some of the verses. the vocals are delivered flawlessly and JUNG HOSEOK just wow. amazing song, super simple but i love it. pre-chorus is so so beautiful. the only thing i don't really adore about this song is that its very repetitive but then again its not that bad. the other thing is that the rap verses were kind of unneeded.
final thoughts: amazing song. super simple and cute but that's what makes it good.

4.jamais vu
grade: 9.7/10
i am in LOVE with this song. this song is so perfect. hoseok, jin and jungkook's voices compliment each other so well?!! the whole song just in general is pure perfection. i feel so attached to this song for some reason? the vibe is just so addicting and the song sucks me into this hole of amazingness. (dont mind me im just thristing over this masterpiece)
akkdvkmvkjnejdckahswkhskwvskwshhegsjwsjhjsjsjs i just love it so much. a work of art.
final thoughts: incredible song best unit song of the whole album and probably one of my favorite bts b-sides ever.

5.dionysus
grade: 7.6/10
the meaning of this song is pure ART. the fact that the lyrics are a mix of korean folk songs and greek mythology just shows how talented they are. how do you come up with such an incredible concept? i have mixed feelings about the song though. the autotune fits but i think its a little overused. the song itself is also very messy but i do not really mind it that much? like the beat is so weird that i hate it, but also love it. MIN YOONGI'S RAP VERSE. he went HARD. he did not have to grab the song by its throat and call it his like that.
final thoughts: its a very messy song but thats what makes it unique and i geniunly like it.

6.interlude:shadow
grade: 9.5/10
this is song is a fucking masterpiece. it holds so many emotions and power that it almost made me cry the first time i listened to it. (shhh let me be a crybaby ok) the only thing that makes this song not a 10 is the last part were yoongi argues with his shadow. its very sick and crazy, but i wouldn't say i like listening to it. apart from that the song is just amazing.
final thoughts: god-tier music.