The Untamed

*Possible spoiler*

"Good job, everyone! Take a ten-minute break for any touch-ups on make-up and wardrobe before we finish the final scene. After that, we have a few interviews." The director clapped in satisfaction. 

The atmosphere around the set was more than sorrowful. It was an adventure filming with the cast of 'The Untamed'. Not only did Xiao Zhan looked forward to each set but he became close to his castmates. Parting ways after the day was going to be hard. Yet he looked forward to future projects. 

Wang Yi Bo nudged his arm with a smirk plastered on his face. 

"What?" Xiao Zhan playful glared.

Wang Yi Bo poked him once more. "GeGe? Zhan Ge, Wo Ai Ni," He shamelessly said without a care in the world. His smile was so genuine and hard to ignore. It was the type of smile that reached from one ear to the other. 

Xiao Zhan's eyes widen and his mouth hung agape. He was left speechless, unable to determine whether Wang Yi Bo was playing one of his games again. The reddish tint to his cheeks had made Wang Yi Bo smile. He smiled as if he had accomplished an unspoken goal. 

Xiao Zhan turned his head and smiled at the words that were just spoken. He quickly began to walk away, embarrassed by the smiles and whispers of the crew. 

"Zhan Ge Wo Ai Ni!" Wang Yi Bo yelled after him. 

Xiao Zhan's smile brightened as he turned around to playfully stuck out his tongue. 

"Zhan Ge, DiDi Ai Ni," Wang Yi Bo said. The only difference was that he held a stern facial expression. 

Their shenanigans were an everyday thing. Therefore leaving the cast and crew to either laugh or turn a blind eye. Nevertheless, they were a joy to be around. These "kids" will be missed when the filming comes to an end. 

The ten minutes were quickly counting down. Counting down to the end of another chapter in life. It was bittersweet, indeed. Xiao Zhan could remember quite clearly how hard he fought for the role of Wei Wuxian. It was a challenge but he never gave up. 

Xiao Zhan unintentionally gazed over to Wang Yi Bo who getting his make-up retouched. To his surprise, Wang Yi Bo was already staring at him. To think that in a short amount of time, these two became close. It was somewhat weird in a good way. When one would move, the other would soon follow. The pair was unaware of it, but the other would bring out the good in the other. If Wang Yi Bo was struggling, Xiao Zhan would be the first to offer assistance and vice versa. 

"Take your places! The final scene is about to start!"

Blinking back the tears that threatened to fall, the crew prepared for the final scene.

"Action!"

With the sound of the flute and music playing in the background Wei Wuxian and Lan Wangji stared intentionally into each other's eyes. 

Wei Wuxian spoke first, "I will walk that way,"

"I will head this way," Lan Wangi replied, pointing in the opposite direction.

Wang Yi Bo clenched his teeth together. He couldn't help but relate to his character. In the end, he will be doing the same with Xiao Zhan...Whether it was temporary or not, they would be separating ways.  

Wei Wuxian smiled sadly as he gazed downward. 

"Have you decided where your gonna go?"

"It's a big world that we live in. I will wonder with my fine wine and a ride, and make it my home. Lan Zhan, I will get going. Lil Apple, let's go."

The two parted ways.

"As long as the sea is bound to wash up on the sand, and stars are above you, we will meet again." Wei Wuxian sang as he continued to walk. 

As Lan Wangi began walking down the mounting he heard the notes of the song he composed. He stopped in his tracks as he realized something.

Lan Zhan, Next time we see each other, you better have a name for this song.

Way ahead of you.

After  "fast-forwarding," Wei Wuxian re-visited the mountain top. The same spot that he parted ways with Lan Wangji. Bringing the flute to his lips, he began playing the tune that brought him bliss. 

"Wei Ying,"

Wei Wuxian took a long pause. Multiple emotions flooded both his mind and face. The realization had hit him as he slowly turned around. Standing behind him was the one person he simply could not part with. 

At that moment, Xiao Zhan was not acting. But merely displaying his real emotions. This cast... Wang Yi Bo was the only person he felt comfortable with being himself. Their bond came naturally. Everything felt natural. 

"Annnd cut! Great job everyone. Let's take one final picture before the interviews."

Taking photos and signing autographs took about two hours of their time. Now it was time for the hard part. Wang Yi Bo was the type of person that was always blunt during interviews yet he still managed to make it somewhat interesting. After getting word that Bazaar wanted to do an interview with the main leads, Wang Yi Bo and Xiao Zhan departed from the other crew members.

An interviewer asked, "What was your first impression of each other?"

Xiao Zhan, "Cold. I defiantly thought that he was a cold person."

Wang Yi Bo, "He's was handsome,"

His shameless response made Xiao Zhan chuckled before speaking. "Well, he's not cold anymore. I think he's cold demeanor is just an act to protect himself."

Wang Yi Bo, "Maybe,"

Interviewer to Wang Yibo, "Let's play a game. Wei Wuxian or Jiang Cheng?"

Wang Yi Bo, "Jiang Cheng. Wei Ying talks too much."

The game consisted of which charter they would choose over the next. They laughed along with the interviewer as they continuously answered their questions. The final interview consisted of most of the cast members. It mainly consisted of answering questions about the Chinese drama.

The interviewer to Xiao Zhan, "If you were to work with Wang Yi Bo on another project, what would it be?"

For the first time, Xiao Zhan was speechless. He was unsure of how to answer the woman's question without saying something wrong. 

"Uh..."

Snickers and chuckles from the cast members could be heard. 

"You're unsure about the next drama but you defiantly want to work together again?"

"Of course,"

"Most defiantly,"

After the last interview, the stars bid farewell to each other. They would be temporarily saying goodbye for two months.  The cast had one more concert to attend before turning their backs on their roles. 

For most, 'The Untamed,' was a stepping stone for their careers. The amount of love that they have reviewed was overwhelming yet it was a beautiful thing. 

Wang Yi Bo tapped Xiao Zhan's shoulder when they arrived at the hotel together. Xiao Zhan took a look around and noticed their hallway was empty. Slowly walking up to his close friend, Xiao Zhan embraced him in a hug. 

Wang Yi Bo, "Ai Ni," His arms tightened around Xiao Zhan. 

Xiao Zhan was never the one to express his feelings. He didn't know how to. Instead of speaking, his arms only tightened around his good friend. A few seconds later, Wang Yi Bo stepped back. 

"When are you leaving?" Asked Xiao Zhan.

"I have to catch a flight in two hours. You?"

"Early in the morning."

"I'll see ya soon, yeah?"

"See ya." Xiao Zhan smiled sadly.