The Funeral

"A motorcycle?" I asked confused. "Hop on!" He said smiling. "But I'm scared." I said taking a nervous gulp and biting my lower lip. "Don't be scared I'll be safe. I've never gotten into a accident or fallen of this baby once. I promise." He said putting up his right hand and the other one on his chest. "With no helmet?" I said. "You can have mine?" He said tossing me a helmet. It was black and had a silverish greyish crown spray painted on it. I put it on my head and tightened it and got on. He revved the engine as I jumped and wrapped my arms around him. He chuckled and I rested my head on his back taking a sigh as we sped off to my house.

Once we got there I got off and took of the helmet. I handed it to him and smiled. He got off and gave me a suprising hug and squeezed me as I wrapped my arms around him letting a few silent tears fall onto his denim jacket. He smelled like fresh spring and I smelled his shampoo he used in his hair and I took it all in just in case he didn't like me back and I never got to hug him again, or be this close for that matter. I squeezed him tighter to me as we rocked back in fourth taking in the moment. I felt his steady breathing on my neck. I pulled away. "Thank you Jug for driving me home. Ill see you towmorrow?" I said smiling. "See you towmorrow Cooper." He smirked and got on his motorcycle. He put on his helmet and looked at me. "It smells like your hairspray now." He laughed as I smiled. "Sorry about that." I said. "It's fine I actually think it's kind of cute." He said as he drove off. I smiled and blushed. I looked down at my feet and turned around and walked in my house. "Hey Betty, why are you home so early?" My mom said as I walked in. My dad and her where working at the dinner table on a new article for the newspaper. "Um I wasent feeling good I'm actually still not feeling good." I said fibbing so I could go to my room. "Do you need a ginger ale?" She said taking a sip of her tea. "Um yes please." I said putting down my bag and sitting at the table. "Maybe I can help you guys with the newspaper like old times." I said grabbing a paper. I read it and it said Funeral Services. "Funeral services? What the hell is this?" I said holding up the paper. "Betty-" my dad started to say but I cut him off. "Serouis my you guys are planning a funeral? I thought we all agreed as a family that we wouldn't be doing that! We aren't ready for that I'm not ready for that!" I yelled. My mom brought the ginger ale over as I looked at her disgusted. "So your just going to ignore this whole situation mom?" I said moving my hands over the table exaggerating it. "Betty we can explain-" "I think you already did mom." I got up with my ginger ale and stormed up to my room.

I slammed my door and locked it sliding down it with the cup still in my hand and placing it on the floor and burying my head in my hands. I started to sob. I heard a ding on my phone and picked it up. It was Jughead. [Hey how are you holding up?] it read. I didn't awnser and threw my phone down and continued to cry in my hands.

A hour later I was sitting on my bed playing with my necklace and twisting it around my finger. Someone lightly knocked on the door and then opened it coming in my room. It was my mom. She shut the door behind her as I ignored her presence as she stood near my door. "How long?" My voice broke. "How long till the funeral?" I asked. "We are trying to do it as soon as possible." My mom said figgeting with her hands. "Oh my god." I put my face in my hands and took a deep breath. "And when were you planning on telling me mom? The day before, a hour before what?" I said freshly. "Betty. We were going to tell you it just didn't seem like a good time I know how close you were to Polly-" "which is why as her sister and bestfriend I should get a say." I said as I pointed to the door. "I need to be alone." I said as she walked out and shut the door behind her as I layed on my bed and curled up into a ball and played with my necklace as I let silent tears fall on my comforter.

I walked to my vanity and I sat down at my vanity looking at myself in the mirror and turning on a sad song on my radio and played with my necklace staring at my reflection in the mirror. I heard somthing outside my window and ignored it. Then I heard a knock pulling me out of my gaze and towords the window. I saw it was Jughead standing on the ladder I used to let my friends in. I opened it. "Hey! Jug what are you doing here?" I said letting him. "You didn't awnser my text. He said carefully climbing in and fixing his shirt. "I was nervous." He said looking around my room. "Your rooms very, girl next store vibes." He said smiling at me. "I like it." He added. I shrugged. "It's okay, dosent seem so relavent now. "I'm okay Jug I am." I said grabbing my necklace. "Then why are you playing sad music on your radio?" He said smiling at me and putting a hand on my shoulder as I looks at my radio. "Oh that." I said turning it off and looking at him. "His eyes where studying my face. They moved to my lips as I backed away. I thought of Polly, I loved Jughead I did but if I let him in, will he leave me too? I looked for a excuse. "Oh my gosh! You need to leave my parents they got mad at me and I completly went off they will be coming up any minute!" I said acting nervous to play it off. "I'm so sorry thank you so much for coming to check on me it was so sweet of you Jug, I'll text you later okay?" I said as he made his way to the window and smiled. "You go it Cooper." He said climbing down as I watched him go to his motorcylce and and drive off. I let a tear roll down my eye. Archies words replayed over and over in my head. "You push your emotions away" and "you didn't tell Jughead?" Honestly I don't know why I haven't, I  just don't want to look weak or helpless, or defenseless, like a damsel in distress.