Chapter 13

~•••~
I was motionlessly staring at Mary when the other one pushed me and pointed a gun towards us.
"Get in and lock the door" she said,
Mary slowly entered the room locking the door.
"What are you doing here?"Mary asked her doppelgänger "I came for you"
"Why?"
"My boss thinks you have potential , I mean since you killed your own parents and burned our house when you were just seven what could you do now?"
I looked at Mary, I was shocked she hasn't ever mentioned what she did.
"I wasn't the one who killed them!
One night I woke up and walked to the kitchen to drink water from the sink.
On my way back I saw dad's lighter, it was so nice, it had a silver cover with a drawing of a boat.
I opened it to see the flame but it slipped out of my hands and the carpet started burning.
I ran in the hallway and shouted "Mom! Dad!Please help me! The carpet is burning! Mommy please!
The fire started surrounding me so I grabbed Mr.Pug and ran away.
Few weeks later a policeman found me and brought me in the orphanage." Mary said shading a tear and looking down
"Who did it then?"
she said suspicious,"I don't know!"
"Don't you lie to me about this.
I saw you running out of the house when I smelled smoke.
I called mom but she didn't answer, I thought they were sleeping so I decided to come in their room just to find them laying on the ground.
The fire had reached the room and I couldn't get out so I started screaming and crying.
I couldn't breathe anymore so I opened the window and fell through.
Luckily for me I feel on our trampoline where they found me unconscious the next morning.
A man from my agency came and took me to the training class.
That's how I become the best agent, and one of the deadliest." she stopped and looked at Mary and put the gun down "Do you want to come with me?" she sounded calmer.
"I would love to, but I can't"
Mary said decisively "Although if you want, you can stay here to help me find the one who killed them"
"I don't know if boss would approve that"
"Maybe you can find an excuse, please for me" she pleaded
"Okay"she came closer and hugged her sister.
"Um, hey can I know what's going on?" they finally realized I was there "Sorry Jonathan. This is my sister Ava."
Mary said standing up "Uh nice to meet you a-and sorry for ahem earlier, I thought you were Mary" I was nervously scratching my neck.
I saw Mary blushing on my last sentence and putting a lock of her hair behind her ear.
Ava laughed "Don't worry for me I'm fine but my sister is maybe offended?" Ava said looking towards Mary "no, we aren't together" she whispered blushing "Well at least now you know, maybe I should leave you alone for a moment"
"But where will you stay?"
"Don't worry about it, I 'll handle it" 
Ava winked and got out of the room.
Mary laughed and got closer to me "I'm so happy she's alive"
"I believe. I actually came here to apologize to you."
"No, I'm the one who should apologize to you.
I shouldn't push you to tell us, I'm sorry".
She locked her eyes with mines and I put a hand under her chin pecking her lips.
She immediately kissed me back and I knew it was real this time, I knew she felt the same way as I did for her.
Suddenly we were interrupted again by someone opening the door "hey I'm back" Safiria said but when she looked at us she laughed and said closings the door "and I'm out" Mary chuckled and placed her forehead on my while I was smiling and patting her cheek with my thumb.
I couldn't believe this was actually happening.