E i g h t

"Good morning!" The bluenette seemed more upbeat than usual, considering that she wasn't normally a morning person.

Downstairs stood Sabine, Tom, and not surprisingly anymore, Adrien. Drinking milk and eating his cookies. Marinette immediately bolted to the mixing bowl, effortlessly grabbing the pancake mix out of the cabinet above.

"You seem pretty overjoyed this morning," Sabine lightly commented to her daughter. Her husband nodded in agreement, relaxing on the couch and watching TV.

"What's keeping you happy, Mari?" The blond haired model curiously asked. She shrugged in reply, dumping the pancake mix in, reading the instructions, and mixing more products into it.

She hasn't made a single mistake yet.. interesting. He thought, humming to himself and tapping his fingers on the countertop. Out of the corner of his eye, he spotted a glass bowl on the top of the cabinet rock back and forth, but quickly gave in, about to fall down on top of Marinette.

"Look out!" He jumped out of his seat with seemingly catlike reflexes, pushing her to the side, the glass shattering into a million pieces on the floor. Almost a repeat of what happened when Chat tried sneaking cookies in the middle of the night.

"Are you two okay?" Sabine rushed to their aid, the two teens both nodding in reply. Tom was quick to get out the broom and start sweeping the glass covered area.

"How about you two go out and about while I get this cleaned up," Tom suggested, Sabine quickly agreed with her spouse.

"Fine with me," Adrien gave Marinette a warm smile, but she only blushed in return, not really flustered.

"I'll be back soon, Mama! Later, Papa!" The couple waved to the duo, the front door to the bakery quick to shut behind them.

Adrien hummed a tune while they casually walked down the sidewalk, attempting to find places to go and hang out at. Marinette wasn't really interested, which surprised him, but she kept looking down, seemingly thinking about something important.

"So, is there anything on your mind, Mari?" Adrien asked her curiously, considering the fact that she hasn't really said anything since they left the bakery. She slightly hesitated and replied,

"Let's settle in the park, how about that?"

He didn't disagree with her, but gave a curt nod, and they sat together on a bench in the park. Adrien repeated the question again and without hesitation, she answered honestly.

"Well, there's this boy I like. He's famous, he has luscious blond hair, stunning emerald green eyes, and a distinct personality." The bluenette blushed a more cherry color instead of a peachy one.

Adrien was hooked onto her description. "Go on, I'm quite interested," he slightly urged, but made sure not to pressure her.

"Him and I have spent some time together as of recently, I've known him for a while too." She dreamily said, staring into the sky with a loving gaze in her eyes. "He's not who I thought he was. In fact, he's way more amazing than I originally anticipated. I wonder what my adolescent self was thinking, he's clearly the perfect boy for me."

The boy was still intrigued by her story. "I see.. I feel the same way about this girl, I've known her for a while too."

Marinette didn't stop there, her thoughts were running free. "Although, I'm not sure if he's hypnotized by my appearance—" she was distracted by Adrien's intensely blushing face.

"I-I mean— I don't see myself as THAT attractive!" She recovered herself, knowing damn well she wasn't confident whatsoever. "Anyways, he always seems too busy, mainly because he's occupied by his job.."

"Don't worry, I'm sure that if he's been hanging out with you, he has time for you," the model reassured her. "Besides, if he has that tight of a schedule, who wouldn't want to hang out with a stunningly beautiful girl like you?"

"I-I'm flattered, but surely it isn't the reason why he's hanging out with me." That surprised Adrien a bit, but that only made him more interested to hear what she had to say.

"Enlighten me, Mari," he said, in a softer tone, making sure he wasn't being rude to the girl.

"He said he was more attracted to my personality more than anything. Actually now that I think about it, appearance too.." She trailed off, trying to recall memories of him and her. "Although, it feels so wrong, mainly due to the fact that I got over my former crush that quickly."

It's all making sense now! He thought, getting anxious to figure out who this mystery boy is. Her former crush was Luka and the boy she loves now— is it— me?

"It's not wrong at all. Don't worry, it wasn't like you two were dating, right?" He reassured her once again the best he could and she nodded in reply.

"I guess you're right, Adrien," she murmured. Silence settled between them and Adrien finally gave into his urge for the one question he had been meaning to ask since they sat down on the bench.

"So, who's this mystery boy you're in love with?" He asked his last question, going silent once again to give her a comfortable enough time slot to answer.

If the silence wasn't already discomforting enough, the silence became dead weight with how quiet it was. Marinette's face turned more red and she broke out into a blushing mess, quivering as she was about to answer. She pressed her hands against her knees, trying to force the answer out of her system. When she was about to say who it was, Adrien put a hand on her shoulder.

"Okay, I'll tell you what," Marinette looked up at him, her turn to be curious about what he had to say instead of vice versa. Adrien, clearly determined, said,

"I'll confess the girl I love at the exact same time you confess the boy you love, okay?" He softly smiled, but determination and encouragement rang in his voice.

Marinette nodded, now determined also. "I'm ready whenever you are."

"Alright, I'll count." He took a deep breath, exhaling in slight relief. "On the count of three. One.. two.. three!"

"Marinette!"

"Chat Noir!"

"What?"

"What?"