-1-

Normal: English     Bold: Korean

You were E x h u a s t e d, it was your first few minutes in Korea and after a 12 hour flight and nonstop travel for almost 28 hours, as one of your classmates had timed, all you could think about was getting to your hotel and putting down your luggage. It was a small class trip to the country whose language you'd been studying for the past 3 and a half years. All 12 of you filed onto the subway that would take you from the airport to the part of the city your hotel was in. 

You all scrambled to find seats and most of you ended up finding one including yourself but you gave your seat up to a elderly man and ended up holding a pole for balance. You passed over your luggage to your friend, who had managed to sit in one of the plastic blue seats that looked incredibly comfortable at the moment.

The windows of the subway car showed nothing but cement for a few seconds as you felt yourself start to move but quickly revealed the glimmering city of Seoul. The group suddenly was boosted with a surge of adrenaline as you all gazed at your foreign surroundings. "We're actually here..." You all looked at each other and, almost like telepathy began repeating that same sentence of disbelief, dumbstruck expressions on all your faces.

At your eighth stop the excitement had quieted down although you all had a giddy feeling in your chest still. You had watched as people got on and off, a mesmerizing flow that lulled you back into your drowsy state. "Two more stops everyone. Remember we can't sleep once we get to the hotel though, we have to stay awake and adjust to the time zone." A chorus of groans and sighs was heard throughout the crowd of 17/18 year olds. Nevertheless you all knew she was right, if you fell asleep it would only make the trip harder.

You turned to the window once more as the train came to a halt and tried to make yourself as small as possible to allow other passengers to get on a off. Someone squeezes behind you and takes a hold of the next pole making you two stand a little bit close as more people try to pack into the subway car. You were a little to tired to care and started daydreaming about what you would be doing while in the country.

A few minutes passed and you let your right arm fall to your side and let it swing with the movement of the car before it brushed against the strangers hand. You quickly stiffened it to your side and apologized. 

"Sorry!" He laughed it off and left out a small reassurance through his mask. 

"It's ok." Embarrassed you looked at the ceiling for a little while. Then a sudden wave of tiredness hit you and you raised your hand, which felt much heavier, to cover your yawn.

"Umm..." You turned to the stranger once more this time catching sight of the bright red string connecting your right pinky to his left. 

"Holy shit." Both your eyes went wide, staring in disbelief, you were wide awake now. A few long silent moments passed. 

"Please tell me your getting off at the next stop." Your words stumbled over each other and together, him surprising you with perfect english, you surprising him with the jinx. 

Your group was now staring at the two of you with curiosity and suspicion. 

"Y/n watch your mouth, I'm sure there's no need for profanity." Mrs.Turner scolded. 

"But, I we him um..." You lifted up your arm, pulling his, as if to gesture at the string before realizing they couldn't see it. She continued to be confused but your classmates freaked out. 

"No. Fucking. Way." Jaws were dropped. 

"Chloe! What was I-"

It was quickly interrupted by the intercom. "Arriving at Seonjeongneung Station" Things moved quickly and everyone including your newfound soulmate shuffled around and prepared to exit. You nodded your head to the left and gestured for your soulmate to follow you. Not so smoothly you exited as the doors opened but once you regrouped things only sank in more.