2 📸

"Thanks for coming here so quick Hyunjin, I really didn't want to leave her here on her own right now knowing that that psycho is out there" Seungmin sighed out. "Are you sure you wanna go alone to the police station? Chan said he'd go with you in a heartbeat you know?" Hyunjin replied. Seungmin simply nodded, kissing my forehead one last time before walking out. "Be careful" I yelled after him, only closing the door when he was fully out of sight.

Seungmin had decided to go to the police station to find out more information as for why Elle was out. Did she break out? I let myself fall back on the couch, staring at the ceiling. I guess five years of peace was all we were going to get. Hyunjin sat down next to me, ruffling my hair and handing me a cup of tea. "Don't worry, it'll be okay."

A while later my phone rang. "Seungmin?" I instantly answered. Seungmin let out an enormous sigh. "Turns out she got out early on good behavior. They say she completely changed in there, like she became a holy saint... I don't know Y/N. I'd like to believe it, but knowing her... Let's just hope she really changed." I looked down again, Hyunjin taking over the phone. "What about Lucas?"
"He's still in there for now, but if he shows good behavior he could be getting out soon as well..."

Hyunjin ended the conversation, hesitantly patting my back. "Y/N... Are you okay?" I shook my head, burying it in my hands. "I don't know Hyunjin. I honestly don't know how to feel right now." The phone rang once again, this time showing Chan's name on the display. Hyunjin picked it up for me, putting it on speaker. "Chan, what's up" he answered.

"Hyunjin, you're with Y/N right?" Hyunjin looked at me, handing me the phone. "I'm here" I answered shortly, quickly wiping a tear away. "Y/N, you're not gonna believe this, but Elle just came by..." My eyes widened in despair. Was she already out for us? "...to apologise" Chan finished his sentence with. Hyunjin and I looked each other in the eyes, both awfully confused. "Wait, what?"

Chan continued. "She came to our front door, giving us a small box with chocolate, saying how sorry she was for the way she treated us all... It seemed genuine. She asked me about you, Seungmin and Hyunjin so I told her I couldn't give her the address without your consent. She's waiting outside, what do you want me to tell her?" Instantly panick came back again. She couldn't know where we were staying. What if she would try to hurt us again.

Hyunjin glanced at me, carefully placing his hand on mine. "Chan, I don't think that's a good idea right now" Hyunjin answered in my stead. "I thought so... Jin, tell Seungmin about it when he gets home okay?" Hyunjin nodded. "I will, don't worry. I'll be back soon." With that, he hung up once again. His hand still covered mine, trying his best to calm me down a bit, yet you could feel him hesitate.

The door unlocked, Seungmin instantly rushing back in. Hyunjin quickly let go again, walking up to him to explain what just happened. Seungmin simply shook his head in disbelief. "She might still know the address from back then, but let's hope not..." Hyunjin hummed in agreement, eyeing to me. "She really isn't taking it well... Take care of her, she needs someone right now" Hyunjin whispered softly, placing his hand on Seungmin's shoulder before walking out again.

Seungmin stared at me for just a little longer before walking up to me again, carefully kneeling in front of me. "Baby" he softly called out. I finally looked up from my lap, meeting his eyes. He leaned in, taking me in his arms. "I'm here... I won't let her get to you again" he hushed. He pulled me closer to his chest, his heartbeat soon becoming the only thing I focussed on. He really knew how to calm me down.

That, however, got disturbed as a familiar figure walked past our window, walking up to the door. Seungmin and I looked at each other for a second, both fearfully. "I'll tell her to go away, you stay here okay?" Seungmin said warily. He stood up, yet being held back as I held onto his arm. "Min, please be careful... I just want this to be over for good." He gave me a reassuring smile, pecking my forehead. "Don't worry, this'll all be over after this."

3rd person POV

Seungmin carefully walked up to the door. The doorbell had never rang, yet Elle was still standing there, seeming to nervously hold onto a letter. Seungmin opened the door to Elle's surprise. Before Seungmin could even speak Elle started ranting. "I-I'm sorry. I know you don't want me to be here, Chan told me, but I wanted to apologise nonetheless, so I wrote this letter... Please read it!" she said hastily. She handed Seungmin the letter, running off before he could even say anything, leaving him speechless.

Y/N walked up to him, having heard it all. "What does the note say?" Seungmin carefully opened it, reading it word for word.

Dear Seungmin and Y/N,

I'm writing this letter to apologise to you. I know that me and my brother have caused you harm, more than I could possibly imagine. I was young, foolish, and thought that I could get everything my way. During my time in prison I realized how horrible I was to you, how wrong my actions were. I'm not asking you to forgive me, because I know that would be too much to ask, but I wanted to let you know. I hope you live happily ever after.

Sincerely,
Elle.