06 - PARTY

WINTER

I'M LOOKING at the reflection of myself on the mirror. I am wearing a long white dress with some dazzling diamonds on it. I am wearing a pink matte lipstick, matching my twinkling earrings, necklace and bracelet.

My hair was tied up and it looks great on me.

"You're really pretty, miss." sabi sa'kin ng stylist ko, and yes, I am going to a party, with Blanc. And I don't have any choice but to follow his orders. Well, I was given another choice and that is, to die. And that doesn't even sound like another choice.

"I know." I said arrogantly.

"Ah, mabuti po alam niyo." she said awkwardly. "Ah, baka po hinihintay na kayo ni Mister Golden sa labas." sabi n'ya at nag-bow. I smirked when I realized that I'm taller now. Well, wearing a six inch heels is I guess, enough to make myself look tall.

Pagkatapos namin magtalo nang makalabas kami sa school, ay wala din akong nagawa dahil binuhat n'ya ulit ako.

After that, pumunta kami sa isang restaurant and ate our lunch there. Then he brought me to this fancy salon. I spent 4 hours in here. The last time I checked, it's already 5:30pm in the afternoon.

"Blanc." I called him. He slowly turned his back and there, he stared at me for a really really long time, and I did too. He's wearing a black tuxedo, his usual undercut looked neat today. He looks like a handsome Mafia Boss! 

But, I would never tell that to him in his face. He'll probably just boast and brag, and I hate it.

"You look...gorgeous." he stated.

"No, I'm a goddess." the sparks on his eyes was immediately gone after I said that. Err, ano ba ang problema n'ya? He looked at me with annoyance in his face.

"Why do you keep on ruining every moment?! Stop bragging about your beauty!"

"So you are admitting that you find me beautiful?"

"Since when did I ever said you aren't?"

"You never said I was,"

"Just shut up!"

//

As what I've expected, the party was fancy, elegant and famous entrepreneurs were there. Madami ang taong dumalo.

There were shining chandliers and elegant people. Mukhang pinaghandaan talaga. It's one of those cliché party you see in TV. Elegant, but nothing special. 

"Blanc, what are we going to do here?" I have been asking him that all day. Imagine a man ORDERING you to attend a party with him just randomly.

"Wala akong partner, eh. Plus, you're also my seatmate. We should always be together."

"You should have asked Greene, then!"

"Just behave! You're my seatmate!" he hissed at me. Bigla namang may sumulpot na lalaki sa harapan namin. I bet, he's one of Blanc's friend. "Nixon,"

The Nixon guy was smiling from ear to ear, "Another pretty face, huh." sabi nya at tumingin ng malaswa sa'kin. Argh! I hate guys like him. "Hi Miss, I'm Nixon Delgado. You are?"

Instead of answering, tinignan ko lang s'ya with a blank expression. Mukhang naghihintay s'ya sa sagot ko pero wala s'yang narinig kahit na 'a' sa bibig ko. 

"Nakakatakot naman pala. Pumili ka pa talaga ng katulad mong masyadong malamig! Ha-Ha!" he forced a laugh. We both ignored his comments. Duh, he's not cool.