Whisper

"Find... me... Find... me... I know you want to find me... Come... my dear...!" A whisper was in the air, swiveling around the big, almost empty house. It was dark except for the street light that escaped through the tinted glass walls, rummaging the corners they could reach.

The wind ruffled the outsides of the house, making the windows quaver. Yet the mighty, glassy knights of the mansion wouldn't give in. Fighting against the hardship of nature was what they were trained for.

The hissing voice was already inside the residence, searching something or someone it could confide to. Moving back and forth it roamed around the kitchen table a few times before it entered the living room. With heavy footsteps, unlike its voice, hollering and echoing in the walls of the vast abode, it claimed the stairs swiftly. Making a few turns ended up in a huge fancy door, brass handlebar decorating the rosewood polished to its finest and embossed like it's a piece of modern art.

Passing through the door, it calmly reached the bedpost, crawling up and down like a snake would, eyeing the woman on the bed. Tossing and turning was the game it played with her and unfortunately, winning in it on a large scale. Her crumbled white sheets covered her figure, leaving the face to fanfare. Half of her face was obscured by the pillow, the other half with a few strands of her hair.

Her ebony hair against the satin pillow reminded of the peacock's train, during the thunder and rain. Her smooth skin resembles the unadulterated honey. REM was the phase she was in, her eyes moving rapidly with the disturbance she had. The voice added its hands to it.

"Find me...! You know where I'm. Don't you want your son to live? Then find me...!" It kept repeating in her ears. "Don't you want to live? How can you if you don't find me...?"

She turned sides, maybe in the hope to drive the intrusion away. However, the call was persistent, firm in its decision to turn her starry night into a staring nightmare. Her eyes shot open and she sat up in one swift move, rubbing the sleep away from her face, the warmth of her sweaty hand comforting her.

'What was that all about?' she asked herself, drawing a sharp breath, flaring her nostrils for an unknown reason.

A mother's heart goes to her child when it's in trot. A sweep over the little bundle beside her lifted half of the weight off her chest. With a tender stroke on the little boy's head, she bent down to plant a kiss on his forehead.

Smiling, she thought, 'How did he fit inside me?'

It had been more than three years since the day she left the labor ward, her newborn clutched tightly to her bosom. Yet it never stopped to amuse how the little man came from her. Glancing at the empty spot at the other end of the bed where her husband was supposed to be, she prayed for his safety.

The tiny digital clock on the bedside table showed it was half-past three. She almost forgot what woke her up, as she slid back carelessly in an attempt to sleep peacefully for the rest of the night. When she heard it again...

"Listen to me..." It said, "Find me if you want to live. Find me...!"

Tiny hairs stood straight at the back of her neck as a chill ran down her spine. She sat upright once again. Turning on the lights, she checked for any intruder.

Negative...

Then what was it? Maybe she was a little stressed that she heard voices now, she thought and buried under her covers. Sleep was long gone. Her big black eyes scanned the vacant ceiling, her heart drumming in its hood, getting louder by the second.

'Something is wrong!' her intuition blared.

"Find me...! Find me...!" Desperation etched in that sound.

After careful consideration, she knew she was right. The whisper might be the creation of her gut instinct, she was not sure. Whatever that was, it had happened before, only once in her lifetime, a few years ago.
****

Now the wait starts... Comment your thoughts. So how's it?

And thank you for anyone reading my book... Keep supporting me...!

Love y'all 💛 Happie reading...!